Penner map on USA 22' GT

Akabigo

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Hello, I am wanting to upload the Penner map on to my GT, the vin though is AX3***. I can't seem to find a map for this version. Original map is 31249, 2022 GT in the US. I've been reading numerous threads all morning and found one where someone copied the tables onto the stock map and seemed to work well. Has anyone else done this process for a later vin? I have copied all of the tables with changes from Penners GT map and saved a modified version but am unsure if there is more to this process. I'm going to wait until I get more info before attempting to upload the modified map. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello, I am wanting to upload the Penner map on to my GT, the vin though is AX3***. I can't seem to find a map for this version. Original map is 31249, 2022 GT in the US. I've been reading numerous threads all morning and found one where someone copied the tables onto the stock map and seemed to work well. Has anyone else done this process for a later vin? I have copied all of the tables with changes from Penners GT map and saved a modified version but am unsure if there is more to this process. I'm going to wait until I get more info before attempting to upload the modified map. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Page #14 Comment #135 by TurboTom is your solution right there

Page #14 Comment #135 by TurboTom is your solution right there
I did read that this morning which is why I went ahead and copy/pasted all the tables with changes from the Penner GT map to the factory map for my GT. I was hesitant to upload it to my bike though because I copy/pasted every table that had some changes. In this post you reference, he said he didn't touch fueling or ignition tables. I'm trying to get the full Penner effect, not just the throttle adjustments. I was hoping someone had done exactly what I want to do, which is copy all the tables with changes to the 31249 map. I'm pretty new to tuning on these bikes so I'm being extra cautious. I'm a Mercedes Benz tech but that's not helping me 😃.
Thank you for your input, I do appreciate it

I did read that this morning which is why I went ahead and copy/pasted all the tables with changes from the Penner GT map to the factory map for my GT. I was hesitant to upload it to my bike though because I copy/pasted every table that had some changes. In this post you reference, he said he didn't touch fueling or ignition tables. I'm trying to get the full Penner effect, not just the throttle adjustments. I was hoping someone had done exactly what I want to do, which is copy all the tables with changes to the 31249 map. I'm pretty new to tuning on these bikes so I'm being extra cautious. I'm a Mercedes Benz tech but that's not helping me 😃.
check reply #8 from Eskimopie in this thread 2022 R3R tune ecu flash

hi gang, picking up my new 23 gt chrome edition most likely today...def want to tune it...what is the process here? is this tune as good as the bren tune?

hi gang, picking up my new 23 gt chrome edition most likely today...def want to tune it...what is the process here? is this tune as good as the bren tune?
I noticed you mentioned Bren tuning. Were you planning on buying the hand held device and getting an unrestricted tune? There is an issue if you install the Bren tune and afterwards the dealer automatically loads an upgraded stock tune. This could happen during the break in service and subsequently unless you tell the dealer not to load any upgrades. It sounds like a potentially expensive hassle.

The unrestricted Penner tunes work great according to reports. If the stock bike isn’t hot enough for you, you can get ~170 rwhp at WOT with the unrestricted tuned. You have to get the Android version of Tuneecu and the necessary hardware (tablet, phone, Bluetooth module) to load it. It’s much cheaper than Bren. The potential problem is with the new bikes. Penner’s tunes are modifications of older stock tunes. You need a base tune compatible with your VIN. Stock tunes are now available from Tuneecu for Rockets with VINs from AV5457. You need to make sure that this stock tune is compatible with your 2023 model. If so, then you can copy Penner’s tables into the new stock tune and load it to your bike. Penner’s tunes were done for stock bikes. If you are planning to make significant modifications to the exhaust and/or intake, plan your tuning options accordingly.

If the 31249 base tune is compatible with your VIN, then it doesn’t matter how many tables you change.

Back