Penner map is restricted?

The maps were updated so you can remove the speedcutter.
But you need the pro-version of Tune ECU to do so.
Anyone post a guide on this? And how fast does the bike end up going with that tune? I rarely go over 110 indicated but it would be nice to be able to at old desert roads.

****, 300+ bones to remove speed limit? Seems a bit steep for the amount of times I’d actually be going that fast lol

I assume you have to uncheck the speed box in the pro version and download directly to the ECU with the pro version. You can’t save the map with the unchecked box in the pro version so someone with the standard version to download it? If so, then you have to buy the pro version to change the speed limit.

Sorry, but I just don't get it. Why does anyone need to go faster than stock on these bikes? Before this one I spent 20 years on litre sports bikes and yes I did max them out regularly, but I bought the Rocket to slow down and enjoy the ride (it is doing a very good job).
In my case I take my rocket to the track and hit the top speed, so yeah there would be scenarios to wanting that limit off 😅

There is still confusion about this. If you save a map in the professional version with the speed limiter removed, will the speed limiter remain removed when you open the map with the standard version of TuneECU?

There is still confusion about this. If you save a map in the professional version with the speed limiter removed, will the speed limiter remain removed when you open the map with the standard version of TuneECU?
Sorry, I can´t help you with this. Maybe someone else here knows, or ask Tom at the Tune ECU-group.

Sorry, I can´t help you with this. Maybe someone else here knows, or ask Tom at the Tune ECU-group.
I just read on TuneECU forums:
A pro license owner can export a map with the speed limiter unchecked (disabled), then save it as a protected map (map that works only for a given VIN, is protected by a PIN code, and whose table contents cannot be displayed except by pro licenses + PIN code).
Such a map can then be opened by a standard TuneECU (an up to date one, though) with a standard user license, and can be flashed on the ECU (of the corresponding VIN number only I imagine).
I did the test by opening such a protected map with my TuneECU (standard license), and could verify the "speed limit" was indeed unchecked.
I did not try to flash the map though.

Last edited:
My TFC is now out of warranty so I’m about ready to get a tune.
Did you ever get the tune? I just ordered some Vandemon pipes and would like to get a tune on my ‘22 GT when they get here. I’m pretty old and not totally computer illiterate but I have to admit, I am **** nervous about messing up my ECU. Did you do it yourself or use somebody in TN? I would be willing to drive a good ways and pay somebody who knew what the hell they were doing.

Back