Pegs for Triumph Dresser Bars

I had the same opportunity to test my Triumph bars, and mine also bent but did not break. That said, when I repaired the bike, I replaced the Triumph bars with the Rivco, and am much happier. The Rivco bars DO NOT flex, and are much more comfortable when used in conjunction with their highway pegs IMHO.
John

Triumph Pegs

I was on the Triumph site today, they have new bars and Triumph pegs. I would make sure you have the right bars and order those, it will cost you around $80.

Link Removed see Accessories/Chrome

I made an inquiry today with the Triumph dealer who told me the old bars are 1" and the new style Triumph bars are 1 1/4" diameter. I ordered the new style. Hope it works out getting some decent foot pegs for them. Thanks to all for advise...SB.

I made an inquiry today with the Triumph dealer who told me the old bars are 1" and the new style Triumph bars are 1 1/4" diameter. I ordered the new style. Hope it works out getting some decent foot pegs for them. Thanks to all for advise...SB.

Your dealer is very confused. ALL Triumph front dresser bars for the RIII are 1 1/4" diameter.

RIVCO bars are 1" diameter.

Just installed the new Trimph reinforced engine dresser bars. They are definitely reinforced! No way to flex them. I ordered today the KURYAKYN LONGHORN OFFSET DUALLY PEGS 1 1/4" and will post conclusions on the setup.

I also ordered the new Triumph front dresser bar, it is 1 and 1/4", and I mounted the Kuryakin footpegs to them, it was a solid setup. That being said I had ordered the Triumph adjustable foot pegs but was informed that they are not "due out" till May so I went with the Kuryakin. You can see the photos of the set up in my photo album and most recently in my "Touring set up" post...last two pictures.

My only complaint is that my legs are not long enough to use the foot pegs for a good length of time, it gave some comfort on the trip but my legs had to really stretch to use them. I don't look at that as a problem with the set up...my legs are just too short.

The Triumph adjustable pegs may bear some looking at when they do come out.
Dennis

Here are the pictures, with the Kuryakyn "Longhorn" Highway pegs you shoudn't fear having too short legs ( nor too long ones), they can be put really close to you.
I'm at opposite of the scale!:p (6' 5").
From my setup (the furthest) to the shortest possible, I measure around 12"difference.
When you ride the bike you really feel like in a Sofa. (PS: I've the handlebar riser).
Sorry for the picture quality but I don't get the picture size issue in hands yet..(Any info is welcome!)

IMG_7870.JPG

IMG_7873.JPG

11705_kur_4578_ob_h_pu.jpg

Back