Pegs for Triumph Dresser Bars

Pig9r

Living Legend
I had a gift certificate for my dealership so I bought the Triumph front dresser bars with it. Any recommendations for a good set of foot pegs to mount on them? I looked at Kuryakyn's site however I don't have any idea what would be the best set up. Thanks.

Pig9r said:
I had a gift certificate for my dealership so I bought the Triumph front dresser bars with it. Any recommendations for a good set of foot pegs to mount on them? I looked at Kuryakyn's site however I don't have any idea what would be the best set up. Thanks.

Click here: http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=67 for my thread on Rivco highway pegs with photo's. If you read all the posts you should find all the info needed if you choose to purchase Rivco. I forget how many ungteen different mounting positions there are, so you won't have any issue there.

I think the Rivco bars are 1" while the Triumph bars are 1 1/4" so you will need a different clamp than what is used for the Rivco stuff. I also remember reading how people were pushing their Triumph Dresser bars forward with highway pegs attached because the welds used to hold them together are very weak. You might want to return those bars and get the Rivco ones unless you think the Triumph ones have been reengineered.

Tom

The set I have don't seem that bad however I could see with the way they mount to the bike and that since the bar acts as a long lever it could be a potential weak spot. I wish someone would come out with some that were one piece though.

Either Pianoman or Tomo got the Triumph bars and they seem much better than the original Triumph bar I got a chance to wiggle some months back at either El D's or Engel's.
Not sure how a one piece would work without dropping the motor.
What i would like to see is a Rivco front guard that comes out as far as the Triumphs do, utilizing the stronger Rivco attachment method. IMHO

I Have The Triumph Guards And Yes Mine Wiggle A Little Too. But They Do There Job. Last August I Went Down In A Mudslide In Wyoming And The Bike Slid About 80 Feet. Had To Replace Windshield And Rear Brake Pedal, Helmet And Of Course The Right Engine Guard. And Then Rode It 1,400 Miles Home Over The Next Two Days.

Back