Peg feeler upgrade

Quite wrong ! :roll::roll::roll:
You must ride like an old Lady. :roll::roll::roll:

A.jpg

IMG_1692.JPG

Hey Paul. That tire second from top looks to have too much tread left on it!

I just use the outside of my boots to let me know if I have a good lean on and when I feel my boot getting pulled off the peg I know I gone over far enough.

I like the idea of a removable skid plate like the touring floor boards have on them a counter bored mounting system will be required. Hmmm I'm surprise know one has came up with the peg made out of a heat treatable tool steel at least like D2 or maybe dable in some made out a AR500 . I should have thought about that before I retired :)

I like the idea of a removable skid plate like the touring floor boards have on them a counter bored mounting system will be required. Hmmm I'm surprise know one has came up with the peg made out of a heat treatable tool steel at least like D2 or maybe dable in some made out a AR500 . I should have thought about that before I retired :)

I thought I had it covered - I put my very rare hand forged D2 steel 32" bladed double hand sword in my belt before I rolled and it REALLY sparkled!

I'll report back once I pick my leg up and find a friggin crutch to get off this d@mn bike!;):D

I would categorize them as a safety feature. If you feel them scraping you know you’ve reach the limit of the bikes cornering ability,,,anymore and you’ll probably lift the back tire off the road.
I wore out my peg feelers and my pegs in a few months. When I’m cornering hard I can touch the belly pan down and have my kuryakyn pegs scraping and I’m still not on the edge of the tyres. When the pegs start grinding and hinging upwards and my foot goes with it that tells me I’m somewhere near the edge.

When I’m cornering hard I can touch the belly pan down and have my kuryakyn pegs scraping and I’m still not on the edge of the tyres.
Might one enquire as to sir's physique? - Here's why!.

I am a slight 5'8" and when new I was grounding the boards. Upgraded suspension front (Maxton) and rear (Fournales), an E-Max on the rear and it's been a long time since I heard /felt the pegs ground. I'd say the sump is a good inch and a half higher!. If the belly pan is down - your not far from the peg rails - if those hit then the front wheel will leave the tarmac.

Might one enquire as to sir's physique? - Here's why!.

I am a slight 5'8" and when new I was grounding the boards. Upgraded suspension front (Maxton) and rear (Fournales), an E-Max on the rear and it's been a long time since I heard /felt the pegs ground. I'd say the sump is a good inch and a half higher!. If the belly pan is down - your not far from the peg rails - if those hit then the front wheel will leave the tarmac.
Ima big lad and now and again i like to warm the tyres up and ride hard. Like I said when my foot goes up I’m on the limit. But then again I’m riding a Roadster so don’t have footboards either. It’s easy to tootle round on the Rocket but most owners really don’t know or push theirs anywhere near the limit. It’s a big beast so maybe a confidence thing but It will find you out before you find it’s limits.

Ima big lad .
I'd assumed so.

Talk to Richard at Maxton!. You'll reduce the front static sag (i.e. raise the steering head). If you're in North Wales they're not far away.
The E-max will raise the rear axle half an inch - and the Fournales I fitted has lifted the rear a bit too. Pointless me giving you my spring rates as you'll need different ones.

Our own @1olbull has discovered the perils of grounding the rails.

I'd assumed so.

Talk to Richard at Maxton!. You'll reduce the front static sag (i.e. raise the steering head). If you're in North Wales they're not far away.
The E-max will raise the rear axle half an inch - and the Fournales I fitted has lifted the rear a bit too. Pointless me giving you my spring rates as you'll need different ones.

Our own @1olbull has discovered the perils of grounding the rails.
I’m reasonably well clued up on geometry etc and my static sag is fine. It’s the spring rate I need to increase and I’ll go to racetech for them ( they sorted my 955 out) who will make me some springs to suit my weight instead of the progressive route which are only 10% stiffer than stock. I’ll be going up a weight in the oil as well. I’ll be going for Hagen nitros on the rear simply because they will build me a custom set as well, I have mates who have them and they are a massive improvement over the stock ones. But to be fair the stock front end on the Roadster isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be and I rarely push that hard that I get the pan down so I’ll be happy to leave it all until winter.

I’m away with a few others this weekend :thumbsup:
We have been running mostly country back roads. For those that don’t know the ride from Beaudesert to Killarney, picture a bitumen road some times less than 2.5m wide at 45deg vertical turning back on itself in corners as it climbs from the valley floor to about 2000ft.
Before the suspension upgrades I’ve scraped peg rails and exhaust covers. Now with racetech front and Wilber’s rear I’m competitive with the 1200 Ducati Lesrada in the group :)

Back