PCV Map Sending Error

Ok, I've cleaned up my prior posts a little bit because my frustration was coming through a little louder than I would prefer!

I called Mickey as you suggested and he advised making sure that the firmware was up to date. He also said that he hadn't run into this problem before (which explains why this happened to me - I tend to get the great unknowns), and that it may need to be fixed on the dyno.

So just to make sure that everything was current, I uninstalled the PC program and cleaned my entire computer of all related contents, did a deep scan for boogers, re-installed the PowerCommander program and Firmware update, re-downloaded the maps, and.... error sending map: device #320 vs map #170 no matter what map I try to send, just like before.

So I guess we'll go to dyno, which defeates the purpose of Autotune, but WTF?

Not to worry. Mickey can build a custom MAP just for your bike and riding style, instead of using a generic MAP from Dynojet. The A/T will then keep the parameters set where Mickey's MAP needs them to be. High altitude, humid days, hot days, cold days, Etc. The A/T is a great device. It keeps most of the average riders off of the dyno spending money for custom MAPS. But if one wants the best MAP designed for your particular bike and riding style, then the bike needs to go on the dyno.

So don't get disappointed about going on the dyno. Once you find out what has caused this problem, please let us know for all forum members future knowledge! :D

I think it is a problem within your unit as you by our exchange of emails know I have the same part number PCV and every body else is able to use it as you which leads me to think the software in your unit is Corrupt or incorrectly installed as I explained I had a similar problem with the tune out of Mitches PCV which it turns out is PCV for a higher revving speed triple or something but once I copied and pasted it over on to a compatible zero map
I think your unit needs to go back to DynoJet and be reprogrammed:cool:

Not to worry. Mickey can build a custom MAP just for your bike and riding style, instead of using a generic MAP from Dynojet. The A/T will then keep the parameters set where Mickey's MAP needs them to be. High altitude, humid days, hot days, cold days, Etc. The A/T is a great device. It keeps most of the average riders off of the dyno spending money for custom MAPS. But if one wants the best MAP designed for your particular bike and riding style, then the bike needs to go on the dyno.

So don't get disappointed about going on the dyno. Once you find out what has caused this problem, please let us know for all forum members future knowledge! :D

I will do what I gotta do, and if that means a trip to Mickey's then so be it. I am tired of messing with it, and I don't give up easily! And I will definitely let the forum members know what the issue turned out to be. Thanks for the feedback.

I think it is a problem within your unit as you by our exchange of emails know I have the same part number PCV and every body else is able to use it as you which leads me to think the software in your unit is Corrupt or incorrectly installed as I explained I had a similar problem with the tune out of Mitches PCV which it turns out is PCV for a higher revving speed triple or something but once I copied and pasted it over on to a compatible zero map
I think your unit needs to go back to DynoJet and be reprogrammed:cool:

Good point, could be the unit itself. It is definitely the right one though; got that straight from the device itself and it matches everything dynojet says. Just the freaking map sending error. Thanks for all your help Hans

Well mate after checking out your original map and the part number and hansos map
Hanso is right on the money . Dynojet have given you the correct pcv but it has the wrong software on it your software only goes to 6000 rpm and the map goes to 7000 rpm so it is incompatable with your pcv. the only way to make it load would be to clear the tables from your 6000rpm map and copy the tables from hansos or any other 7000 rpm map you wish to load up to 6000rpm and past them on your map and load.
You will never get a 7000rpm map to load on your pcv without sending it back and getting the correct software put on it.

I had the same problem as im using a triumph tiger PCV which revs to 10,000 rpm so i have to just copy and past up to 7000 onto a 10000rpm map if i wish to load but it doesnt matter as it does what i want and was mapped to 7,000 on the dyno but in your case you will always be robbed of that last 1000rpm unless your pcv software is changed. Hope i have been of some help cheers Mitch:cool:

Spoke with Dynojet again, this time they accessed my PCV remotely through my computer. As we already knew, it was determined to be the correct model. But apparently this is a pre-production unit or and early version and it will not be able to accept current dynojet maps and the rpm table cannot be reprogrammed to 7000. Dynojet has authorized a return good for 90 days. Thanks for all the help.

Great to hear thought it was odd when you said it only went to 6 grand and yet we had already determined it was the right part number, glad to hear DynoJet are coming to the party, thats awesome
Hans

Update to PCV & Autotune issues: so my old PCV wouldn't take a new map, and since I found this out as I was installing the autotune, I "temporarily" had connected the autotune to the battery then forgot it wasn't supposed to be there....

Anyway, Dynojet remotely took over my PCV, and saw for themselves that it woudn't take a map and only revved to 6000, and no one there could really figure it out so they guessed, as did some astute forum members, that mine just happened to be an early (read that outdated) production version of the PCV and that's why it wouldn't take up to date maps, even off the Dynojet website. So they told me to send it back and they would replace it.

So I sent it back, and their tech who handles returns checked it out, and since it WORKS, just not correctly, he sent it back to me a couple of weeks later unchanged and unreplaced. Apparently, when they created my return authorization, they didn't include any notes such as "this POS doesn't accept maps"... I get it back, hook it up to my computer, and lo and behold: same issue - can't send a map... So after a couple of phone calls to their return tech (who was very helpful by the way but simply did not understand the issue), they finally authorized the replacement I was supposed to get before... So I send it back, again, and they finally send me a new one. All this took several weeks and my bike was growing cobwebs in the garage, which hurt my feelings enormously.

So I hook up the new PCV and the autotune (which was now correctly wired), loaded Wayne's tune into the ECU and PCV tune 21-003-005 and Hanso's AFR table, to go along with the Jardines (TORS anyone?) which was the reason for the new tune needed and wow! Good to be on two wheels again and running great! In fact, promptly shredded the Metz to the steel belt... ok it was getting toward 5000 miles but ****.... Thanks Hans and Evil Mitch and all for the tunes and advice.

Back