PCV & A/T issues, need some guidance

If you don't mind that would be very kind as I sent them a e-mail last night and yet to get a reply also they don't list it on web catalogue, let me know your paypal and total cost including postage.
Also there is no mad rush just get it next time you are in the area

Hans, when I was at Serco I had the old one with me to compare. As you smartly observed the new one is must better and slightly longer, thicker and not quite as flexible . I can measure if you want.
Do you what the same size as the one I have.
I have the PCV and AT right next to each other..
Send me you address and I will try to get done next week.
Regards
Jim

Hans, when I was at Serco I had the old one with me to compare. As you smartly observed the new one is must better and slightly longer, thicker and not quite as flexible . I can measure if you want.
Do you what the same size as the one I have.
I have the PCV and AT right next to each other..
Send me you address and I will try to get done next week.
Regards
Jim
Same here Jim I have them next to each other same length you got is fine I'll PM my address to you but you have to let me know total cost Please

An update, did a 120km ride this morning, since replacing the can cable with the updated version i did not experience the hesitation/ flat spot problem.
Hope it's fixed, so far so good.

After all this time I did a 2500km ride and started to experience a very similar issue as I first reported. After riding at a constant 2000 to 2200RPM I would get a big hesitation when I went to roll the throttle on, in any gear and every time.
Any else experience this.

hope I explained possible fix in the E-mail I just now sent, will copy paste here,

This is a long shot but check your TPS and run the Reset ISCV function in TuneECU the TPS should be 0.6 and stepper motor should be 0.72.

Even if the TPS is slightly out there should never be a larger or smaller tolerance of 0.12 between the two, if after resetting the ISCV and it starts doing it again I would look at replacing the TPS, there is no given lifespan of a TPS as my original one lasted 20,000km and the second only 7,500km they are temperamental fragile ****s of things another test is to while having TuneECU connected watch the voltage on the TPS increase as you very gradually open the throttle up to the troublesome area then hold it there, if the voltage starts jumping around and the revs are a bit uneven then it is definitely the TPS ... don't ask me how I know or how long it took and how many other things I checked before discovering this, the TPS is a Rheostat and can develop a weak spot or two
Cheers Hans

Thank Hans, I will try to to do the TPS testing, I noticed in the trim table at 10% throttle and 2000RPM the A/T adjustment was -25, could that indicate the AF table at that point is to lean.

Hesitation sounds like lean condition, I bet if you dial the reduction in fueling in the 10-30 percent range down, so it has more fuel, you will fix the issue.

Doesn't the PC V have some sort of accel pump feature? Fuzzy memory tells me it did, which could also be used to fix the issue.

Thank Hans, I will try to to do the TPS testing, I noticed in the trim table at 10% throttle and 2000RPM the A/T adjustment was -25, could that indicate the AF table at that point is to lean.
Actually jim I had looked at the file you sent and that is why I suggested the TPS as my bike did the same some time ago and I thought the same but if you look at the AFR table ypou will see that the AFR's are 13.5 and 13.6 in the areas, 13.5 is not lean in fact it is actually closer to a a tad rich, I would be sussing out the TPS as that is what my problem was just as matter of interest my bike has the same AFR Table map running in it and when my bike did the same as yours I played with the map and created the richer ones but the bike would still do it from time to time but since I went back to the same original one (same as you are running) and fitted a new TPS I have had no more issues

Hanso, I think I adjusted the AF in the 10% throttle range from , 14.2 to 13.6 as a test but have ridden the bike since.
This weekend I will do the TPS check as you have suggested.
I don't know what this might indicate but the hesitation at 2000 to 2200 rpm seems to get worse the longer I ride.

Back