PCV & A/T issues, need some guidance

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
After 5000km I decided to accept the trim values. During the first ride since accepting the trim values, a 1500km ride, I experienced some strange issues.
When accelerating slightly after cruising, when passing another vehicle, the motor would hesitate or stumble badly, to fix the problem I would have open up the throttle quickly and then back off.
The longer I rode the bike the more often this would happen, real bad when going through towns, actually it was dangerous.
is there something else I should have done when I accepted the trims that would have prevented this condition.
Before accepting the trim values the bike was great.
I have a Wayne Tripps tune in the ECU and Hanso 20 map in the PC5.

Last edited:
yes , the first thing I will do is reload the the Hanso 20 tune to see if the problem disappears.
as I said in the PM this morning I will send you the newer version which I am just putting the final touches to, but you will have to wait till after the weekend

but I do suggest you check the TPS, if you can understand my Double Dutch, actually better still I give you a call in a moment before I ht the sack

Update, while checking the map in the PCV I noticed the wire from the auto tune was falling out of the PCV, the lock tap had broken and was allowing the connector to come out of the PCV.
Secured the plug back into the PCV a by using a rubber band until I can buy a replacement cable. Took the bike for 10km ride, the problem did not show up.
I did a throttle reset and noticed the voltage was .6003v, the dynojet site says the it would be zero.
Might try for a longer ride to morrow.

Purchased a replecement connecting lead that connects the PCV to the AT today at Serco.

The new lead is of much better quality than the one that came with the kit and fits in far more secure.

Have not been for a ride yet, raing here, so I will give it a run over the Easter break.

I will see if I can post a photo of the two wires from my IPad. Can't believe I uploaded the photo, the wire on the bottom is new improved type.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 1
Purchased a replecement connecting lead that connects the PCV to the AT today at Serco.

The new lead is of much better quality than the one that came with the kit and fits in far more secure.

Have not been for a ride yet, raing here, so I will give it a run over the Easter break.

I will see if I can post a photo of the two wires from my IPad. Can't believe I uploaded the photo, the wire on the bottom is new improved type.
Thanks for the PM, thats a far better CAN cable, might have to get myself one I had one replace under warranty when I first got my PCV + AT but was the same as the first flimsy one, obviously had a few fail as the new looks a lot better, have to see if I can find a PCV seller down here or order it from Serco

Hans, the fellow told me the cable also comes in a number of lengths as well and is designed to fit all Power Commander devises.

Let me know if you want me to get you one and send it to you.Serco is about a 30minute drive from me.

Back