PC8 fuse block questions

pc8

I just orderd the pc8 with 30amp relay not sure why just wanted to be part of the conversation :D so i ordered some accent lights to hook up through it . guess ill do the headlight relay mod and horn mod 2 so it will come in handy :cool:

Ok, I had a cup of good coffee this morning so I headed out to the garage with a clear head to clean up the PC8 setup I started yesterday.
I decided to move the switching wire over to the taillight hot wire, like NMRocket did.

I also opened up the GPS adapter and soldered two 14ga wires to the + and - terminals and wired them to the 2a outlet on the PC8. This would leave the 12v power jack (on the 15a unswitched outlet) available for other things as needed. Notice the PC8 relay, above the GPS adapter, just under the frame rail. The bolt there fit nicely into the hole on the relay bracket. You've got to play with the angle a bit to get the side cover on when you're done, however.

Here's the PC8 with (top to bottom):
12v power outlet on 15a unswitched
LED accent lights on 7.5a switched
GPS adapter on 2a switched
Cruise control on 15a switched

I kept the battery tender and the H4 harness/relay going straight to the battery, which, along with the PC8 connections, got me down to only 3 additional connections on each battery terminal. Much cleaner compared to the mess I had on them before the PC8.

I had to turn the PC8 horizontally and move it lower in order to fit the toolkit back in place, so make sure you plan your PC8 position carefully before you screw anything down. I used the heavy duty velcro from Eastern Beaver so it was easy to move the fuse block around. Be sure to clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol if you decide to go with velcro.

Everything fit nicely back into place. I was glad there was enough room inside the right side cover...

Nothing to do with the PC8, but I had the camera out so I figured I'd post these pics of the ignition switch's new location and chrome doodad that fit in the original spot.

Here's a shot of the elec. cruise control that the PO had installed--it works really well, keeps the beast within an mph or two of the setting. Beats the hell out of a throttle lock and is cool for freakin' cagers out as you fly past them on the highway with both hands behind your head, yawning...The arrow's pointing to another wire you can hook the PC8 switching wire into. I used the taillight hot just to keep everything on the right side.

Glad to have this mod done and looking forward to putting on the license plate relocation bracket that's on its way.

Cool...Im in the same process but on my touring......Question on the cruise........which electric system did you go with? Also this is electric and not vacuum right? If not vacuum....how was the install for the electric?
Thinking about putting the electric on....not a big fan of the vacuum units!

Thanks

mutt

Rayvin,
MOST EXCELLENT tutorial.
Thank you for going to the trouble to do it,
and explain the process so thoroughly.
excellent thanks,
skip
Yes thanks from me also i will be refering to this when i do my install .
posts such as yours make life so much easier .
many thanks :cool:

Nice clean install. I put an accessory plug where the ignition switch was for my gps.
just a suggestion if you don't already have an accessory plug.

Rayvin,
MOST EXCELLENT tutorial.
Thank you for going to the trouble to do it,
and explain the process so thoroughly.
excellent thanks,
skip

Wasn't really a complete tutorial, just a few pics. Glad it was of some use.

Cool...Im in the same process but on my touring......Question on the cruise........which electric system did you go with? Also this is electric and not vacuum right? If not vacuum....how was the install for the electric?
Thinking about putting the electric on....not a big fan of the vacuum units!

Thanks

mutt

The unit is an Audiovox CCS100. Although it's electric servo controlled, it still needs some vacuum (see the rubber hose coming from the center of the servo unit) to work. It's really a car control that's used on bikes a lot, I guess because it's relatively inexpensive and works well with bikes. On some bikes you have to make a vacuum tube from a piece of pvc pipe. Got to look into that more and also follow that rubber hose and see where it leads. I'll bet that 2.3 liters provides plenty of vacuum for the servo without a vacuum container.
Cruise Control info

AUDIOVOX CCS100 CCS-100 CRUISE CONTROL - NEW IN BOX | eBay

Don't know how this one compares to others out there, but it is smooth and functions flawlessly.

Nice clean install. I put an accessory plug where the ignition switch was for my gps.
just a suggestion if you don't already have an accessory plug.

The thought crossed my mind--perfect location. How was the fit? Did you bolt it on or what?

Back