Fuse Block Installed

Starmanut

Nitrous
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring, Suzuki Boulevard M50
FYI for those interested.
I got the idea from this forum of a fuse block to get all the accessory connections off of the battery posts.
So after thinking about it for a few months I went and did it now that the the cold weather has set in.
Bought a fuse kit from Ebay, and some battery cables from Amazon and got it done.
Took a couple of hours, most of that getting the battery holder bolt out from the back of the rear tire guard. I used that spot to hook the ground cable from the battery to a bolt for all the ground wires.
The fuse kit takes care of the Positive hook ups.

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

The fuse block itself tucked in real nice right behind the battery. There are three more hookups underneath for any future add ins. I used the screws that came with the kit to mount the box. The "mud guard" is plastic, so no need to drill holes. I may replace the original screws with some shorter ones, even though the rear tire has plenty of clearance.

And I think I will shorten those battery cable sometime, too.
Eastern Beaver makes a kit, but I didn't see that till a few hours ago. That one looks way nice, too.

That's too funny. I was going to post the exact same thread today.

20180121_114757.jpg

I used a block from a marine store and a 80 amp post fuse to mount it on top of the battery.

Aside from that we were thinking along the exact same lines.

FYI for those interested.
I got the idea from this forum of a fuse block to get all the accessory connections off of the battery posts.
So after thinking about it for a few months I went and did it now that the the cold weather has set in.
Bought a fuse kit from Ebay, and some battery cables from Amazon and got it done.
Took a couple of hours, most of that getting the battery holder bolt out from the back of the rear tire guard. I used that spot to hook the ground cable from the battery to a bolt for all the ground wires.
The fuse kit takes care of the Positive hook ups.

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

The fuse block itself tucked in real nice right behind the battery. There are three more hookups underneath for any future add ins. I used the screws that came with the kit to mount the box. The "mud guard" is plastic, so no need to drill holes. I may replace the original screws with some shorter ones, even though the rear tire has plenty of clearance.

And I think I will shorten those battery cable sometime, too.
Eastern Beaver makes a kit, but I didn't see that till a few hours ago. That one looks way nice, too.

there it is from EB mounted on the side with cover removed 2 unswitched blocks and the rest switched currently running a gps and a battery charger
DSCN0007.JPG

there it is from EB mounted on the side with cover removed 2 unswitched blocks and the rest switched currently running a gps and a battery charger
DSCN0007.JPG
I like the idea of a switched circuit. :) Where did you hook up the switched feed wire? I have a switched wire for the Tachometer I added connected to the tail light feed. Might be better to do what you did, though.

I like the idea of a switched circuit. :) Where did you hook up the switched feed wire? I have a switched wire for the Tachometer I added connected to the tail light feed. Might be better to do what you did, though.
the kit was provided with a special screw/pin type connector and a schematic for the rear light location as well , cannot take a pic of it though, it is buried somewhere however you had it figure it out. the rest just like the picture left side plenty of space and short wires to the battery I bent some aluminum to make the bracket and screwed the board on to it there are enough switched connections to meet all kind of auxiliaries (6) with power ratings marked on the board .
I used one of the unswitched for a cigar lighter style plug mounted on the triangular plastic cover on the right side hiding the crankcase filter and the other connection keeps the gps battery charged up both are the red 10 amps breakers

I've had two, the first was on my DL100 and was Blue Sea, which is for marine applications. It had a cover which kept out dust and water. I liked it because the connectors were easy to attache. I believe this is the one or similar. It was quite a few years ago so this is probably the upgraded one:

Blue Sea Systems Fuse Block for 6 DC Circuits with cover and ground bus. p/n 5025

The one I have now is on my VStrom DL650, is an Eastern Beaver with very tiny connection posts, which I don't like it at all. Your EB looks almost like the Blue Sea (available at West Marine). Does it have the cover?

DSCN0007.JPG

WOW, Patrick!
That there was by far the best pix of this thread!

WOW, Patrick!
That there was by far the best pix of this thread!
found an old camera that works
I've had two, the first was on my DL100 and was Blue Sea, which is for marine applications. It had a cover which kept out dust and water. I liked it because the connectors were easy to attache. I believe this is the one or similar. It was quite a few years ago so this is probably the upgraded one:

Blue Sea Systems Fuse Block for 6 DC Circuits with cover and ground bus. p/n 5025

The one I have now is on my VStrom DL650, is an Eastern Beaver with very tiny connection posts, which I don't like it at all. Your EB looks almost like the Blue Sea (available at West Marine). Does it have the cover?
of course.. cover was pulled for picture

Back