Paul Bryant Headers!

Rocket3Pilot

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket III Roadster
I just received my Paul Bryant headers and want to share my observations about him and them. First Rate Mate no question. Very easy to communicate with and extremely knowledgeable, top notch perfection!

Here is the header with his custom crossover both HPC coated. Beautiful craftsmanship!(and I'm a welder)

DSC00140A.jpg

I first bolted these on without changing my tune. I wanted to hear or feel any difference. I am using RamAir and the stock roadster mufflers that I De-CAT'd (the thread for that if you're interested is, "Another way to skin the CAT"). My tune was simply stock with opened secondaries 100% and copied the i3 tables to i2 and i1.
The very first thing I noticed starting the bike was, to my astonishment, it was quieter! I know this is going to generate some flak? Sitting there idling I could clearly hear more of the internal motor sounds like the valve train and timing chains. The only explanation I can think of for this is the thickness of the tubing with the coating on the inside and outside.
On to the ride! Wow! No question she's breathing easy now, big smile, totally worth it! Still quieter than stock manifold? I'll take it, thank you very much. I had just gone through the process of trying to quite down the RamAir with foam weather strip and lining the bear claw with Dynamat which really worked great, but now sounds louder again as there's not as much coming from the right side?
The tone or note coming out of the mufflers while accelerating is deeper, more aggressive, and addicting. The volume at cruise speeds 65 to 85 mph is actually less than I had with the stock configuration and a slightly lower note. I'm thrilled with this.

IMG_0803.jpg

Here's a shot without the stock chrome crossover cover so you can see the fit. Absolutely perfect! It does not protrude out from the motor anymore than stock either! That was one of my reasons for going with Pauls vs CES or Carpenter's.

So next I installed the custom tune that HansO sent me and went down the road to my secret supplier of 93 octane no ethanol fuel. I intend to just go get the gas and come back to do chores, mow grass etc.
Well I didn't! I simply could not believe this was the same motorcycle at all. I was practically laughing out loud. I filled her up and drank her down and filled her up again and went up over the skyline drive 3 different ways, put more gas in her and drank half that tank! 275 miles of pure adrenaline rush. Got home just before dark.
Here's a shot with the crossover cover installed:
IMG_0838.jpg

This is simply an amazing HP and torque per dollar upgrade, and for me well worth the effort. I feel really grateful for this website and all those who volunteer and donate and collaborate. It's an incredible resource. Thanks to Paul Bryant, HansO and everyone who has helped me understand these newer machines, TuneEcu, AFR's etc. If anyone has specific questions about Paul Bryant headers or "skinning the CAT" don't hesitate to PM me. Thanks again everyone!

Been kicking the idea around myself. After reading your report on the pipes it looks like that is the way to go. ;););)

It's priced for value added -- and he makes it easier to swallow asking to draw in thirds -- first on order; second on completion of the welding; third and final on completion of coating and shipment.

Wow ! I may have to spring for this.

I have the cross-over pipe on order.

Thank you for sharing !

Joe just wait till you fit your cross over pipe if you have a set of TORS you will be surprised how nice and deep the note is as for increased power I never use the power I have already with the Remap and exhaust so for me changing the headers would be pouring more coals into an already powerful locomotive, all my riding Buddies say the Rocket sounds great, and that's good enough as they are a tough crowd to please

What kind of price we talking or is that confidential?

Mully, I price the header at NZ$1550.00, US$1085.00, shipping for the header only at NZ$240.00, US$168.00.
The cross over pipe at NZ$350.00, US$245.00. Shipping combining the two would be NZ$280.00, US$188.00.
I can set the header up to suit a single Silencer of your own if you wanted that, or can supply you a complete 3 into 1 system.
Let me know what you would want and I'll give you specific pricing.

I appreciate it Paul. I have TORS on my Roadster and the Staintune crossover in which it's like your crossover with straight through design. Will your header mount up to what I have? Here is a picture of the Staintune crossover. The end with the clamp on it is what mounts to the header or manifold. It's upside down in the picture.

Attachments

• Staintune crossover 2.jpg
    Staintune crossover 2.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 5
I appreciate it Paul. I have TORS on my Roadster and the Staintune crossover in which it's like your crossover with straight through design. Will your header mount up to what I have? Here is a picture of the Staintune crossover. The end with the clamp on it is what mounts to the header or manifold. It's upside down in the picture.

As your Staintune system is made to slide straight onto the stock header, it will slide straight onto my header with the reducer that I supply.
A thought that I have just had, where the staintune connects to the header, does it use the original seal at that position, if it does, I could make the header slightly longer so that you don't use the reducer and if the I.D. of the Staintune unit is 2" it would then slide straight onto my tail pipe and you would loose the restriction of the step down.

Last edited:
Back