baffles in paul bryant exhaust with headers?

So I really like the looks of the headers and exhaust system, performance is good too,not to mention the system saves 25lbs over the stock, however the bug is wifey is sensitive to the sound and refuses to wear ear plugs.
With winter nearly upon us, I'm considering some baffling of the exhaust.,

So my first question is will this totally ruin the effect of the header and free flowing exhaust stream, or just set it back some?
Traditionally, baffles are inserted in the rear most part of the muffler, is there a better spot, convienence is not a problem.

Any suggestions on the baffle brand? I prefer a thud of sound as opposed to a crack. Again I just want to tone it down a bit, what's best if you have an opinion.
Thanks,

Hoopla

ear buds
have u heard that music mellows the beast :laugh: :whitstling:

I installed a set of Big City Thunder baffles in my Jardine equipped R3T. They made a significant difference. However in this case I will defer to Paul as he certainly knows his system best.

I installed a set of Big City Thunder baffles in my Jardine equipped R3T. They made a significant difference. However in this case I will defer to Paul as he certainly knows his system best.
As I mentioned earlier, put a perforated plate across the baffle tube and wrapping the tube with Fibre Glass will quieten the bike down.
And as sleeves added, the SS steelo pot scourer pads work well as well.

So there's two options here.
One is to simply wrap the (removable) baffle tubes with Fibre Glass matt, this will burn out after a period of time, but will deaden the sound somewhat.
Secondly is to do what I did with Sleeves baffle tube.
What I did there was take a piece of the perforated tube that the baffle tube is, cut is open and flatten it out, cut it into a circle and tack welded it part way down the baffle tube.
I'd suggest the wrapping first and see how that goes.
Paul - Have you ever come across this stuff in NZ Muffler Packing | Silencer Exhaust Packing | Temperature Textiles ?

The old Buell exhaust note would hit 120dB with a Vance and Hines on. We re-packed one with the above and reported a good 3dB difference (that's halving) - Still LOUD but not as high pitched. Best thing was a Protera inline Sports Catalyst. Killed all high frequency - and boomed nicely.

And might be worth a chat with one of the NZ firearms silencer guys. Seriously.

Back