6 years owning this pipe, and I have never burnt my leg. I have aftermarket heat shields and they work well. I know this will be unpopular to say, but I ride in shorts quite a bit, and have never been burnt.

To be clear, do you have the same exact pipe that Kevin shows in pictures in the first post of this thread? (laid end to end I think the three primary pipes would equal a quarter mile) Or are you referring to one of Carpenter's headers for the Rocket 3?

To be clear, do you have the same exact pipe that Kevin shows in pictures in the first post of this thread? (laid end to end I think the three primary pipes would equal a quarter mile) Or are you referring to one of Carpenter's headers for the Rocket 3?
I have Carpenter pipes on 2 of my R3s. @Kevin frazier has seen and heard the one on the roadster from up close 😁

YES HE DOES. Steel is into the top end I am not. The Viking not only looks good but performs very well in the low and mid range. Plus no heat shields required. You throw in street cams and ramair with a good tune and you had better hang on. No Viking is not loud until you hit it. Simple to say the Viking exhaust is made for everyday riding. You lose a lot with the large diameter pipes in the low end. I own two 4 wheel drive pickups plus Fiat and a Harley. Insurance is cheap. Plan to keep it that way.

YES HE DOES. Steel is into the top end I am not. The Viking not only looks good but performs very well in the low and mid range. Plus no heat shields required. You throw in street cams and ramair with a good tune and you had better hang on. No Viking is not loud until you hit it. Simple to say the Viking exhaust is made for everyday riding. You lose a lot with the large diameter pipes in the low end. I own two 4 wheel drive pickups plus Fiat and a Harley. Insurance is cheap. Plan to keep it that way.
@Kevin frazier is building a bike for the track, so a little loud is not a problem, and top end is the goal. 😁

Yeah Kev mate, just found this thread and nearly spat me Dad's Smarties out when I saw that 'Sewer pipe' join on the collector! o_O
A three toilet house does not usually have 3 sitters at once all flushing almost simultaneously many times a second. If they did, the sh!t would be backing up through all 3 'S' bends!
Every weld is a potential imperfection, visible or not, more welds .....;) 🤔 :whitstling:

Last edited:
Yeah Kev mate, just found this thread and nearly spat me Dad's Smarties out when I saw that 'Sewer pipe' join on the collector! o_O
A three toilet house does not usually have 3 sitters at once all flushing almost simultaneously many times a second. If they did, the sh!t would be backing up through all 3 'S' bends!
Every weld is a potential imperfection, visible or not, more welds .....;) 🤔 :whitstling:
I didnt say i liked or was ordering, my interest was weight and material they used. i think that system is probably very light, (very ugly too i agree) and as pointed out the collector sucks but again i was thinking material used and weight. The carpenter brute system weighs 9 pounds total, thats what im trying to learn about. Weight and material, And before you say it LCW im working on loosing 30 myself. Its no secret i love my lms stuff and may end up staying with it as it does a great job. I agree totally way too many welds, way too long, collector sucks. And thats what you get for stealing dads meds (smarties) :roll:

Back