If you are looking for performance at the drag strip, there is one pipe that was specifically designed for that. :whitstling:, i was asking about performance and flow, marerial weight, not looks, how the inside of certain pipes are smooth without obstructions, pipes used in drag bike applications im interested in

i was asking about performance and flow, marerial weight, not looks, how the inside of certain pipes are smooth without obstructions, pipes used in drag bike applications im interested in
I don't think I mentioned looks.
Weight of pipes is very light.
Flow is what it is designed for. Computer designed manifold cut with a CNC machine to transition from the oblong exhaust port to the 2" header. As few turns as possible. Megaphone exhaust to help evacuate the system.

People will claim that other pipes will give you a little more tq, but it results in less top end hp. We all know that tq gets you off the line, and hp makes you go fast. You've already had to detune the low end because you have more launch than the back tire can hold, so top end is the only place you can add power to lower your ETs at the track.

I don't think I mentioned looks.
Weight of pipes is very light.
Flow is what it is designed for. Computer designed manifold cut with a CNC machine to transition from the oblong exhaust port to the 2" header. As few turns as possible. Megaphone exhaust to help evacuate the system.

People will claim that other pipes will give you a little more tq, but it results in less top end hp. We all know that tq gets you off the line, and hp makes you go fast. You've already had to detune the low end because you have more launch than the back tire can hold, so top end is the only place you can add power to lower your ETs at the track.
Hmm,what about bbq'ing your right leg? About flowdesign : If you like, just have a look onto the computer designed spaghetti twisted F1 headers, each pipe has the same lenght. (just like my bike does)

Hmm,what about bbq'ing your right leg? About flowdesign : If you like, just have a look onto the computer designed spaghetti twisted F1 headers, each pipe has the same lenght. (just like my bike does)

Agreed. That looks like a trip to the burn unit of the closest hospital. Followed by several months of Physical Therapy.

I don't believe F1 cars are designed for 1/4 mile drag racing. @Kevin frazier is building his bike for the drag strip, and no one has posted a better 1/4 mile time on the R3 than Carpenter Racing.
Agreed. That looks like a trip to the burn unit of the closest hospital. Followed by several months of Physical Therapy.
6 years owning this pipe, and I have never burnt my leg. I have aftermarket heat shields and they work well. I know this will be unpopular to say, but I ride in shorts quite a bit, and have never been burnt.

I don't believe F1 cars are designed for 1/4 mile drag racing. @Kevin frazier is building his bike for the drag strip, and no one has posted a better 1/4 mile time on the R3 than Carpenter Racing.

6 years owning this pipe, and I have never burnt my leg. I have aftermarket heat shields and they work well. I know this will be unpopular to say, but I ride in shorts quite a bit, and have never been burnt.
And tank top, when your skin is armor youre covered, atgatt

Back