Passenger Footpegs Change complication

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
I'm completely frustrated That I can't seem to figure this out. I've been trying to extend the passenger footpegs, I did my research and got the correct extender and spline adapters. And now I realize that Triumphs passenger footpegs in one complete piece, or at least that the way it looks, because I unscrewed the peg off the bike, and I cant find a way to take out the peg. If you look at image 1you'll see the extender, and the spline adapter. From the extender I remove the end piece, and screw in the spline adapter instead.

Image 1.jpeg

As you can see in Image 2, the spline adapter goes there the footpeg is, and the footpeg attaches to the extender...but I can't get the footpeg out of the middle.
Image 2.jpeg

It's all one piece. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or do I need to buy a mount without the peg in the middle, then buy another set of pegs?

Image 3.jpeg

Attachments

• 1607878934698.jpeg
    1607878934698.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 7
Remove the circlip from the pin going through the footpeg mount on the bike and push the pin free, you might have to take the footpeg off.

I saw that clip part. So, I have to push it out? I thought so, but I was afraid to break it. Every I tried to remove it, it just kept spinning.

Use a small flat blade screwdriver ,push it into the clip and prise the circlip up out of the groove in the pin,it's gonna spring off so you better watch it as your gonna need it for your new footpegs. ;)

Back