Panniers holders (mounting kit)

7FAA43BC-C5A6-492E-88E8-7C8A4EEA0ECC.jpeg

is this the part ? Mine kept falling down to, plastic ****….. I just used a heat gun to soften it then close it up a little ….cool it down quick and it’s tighter now 👍
yes, this is the bad part. I try to do it too. thanks for tip!
i only don't understand, why it is not from metal.. in general, the bags are the only weak point of motorcycle. small, bad access, strange code locks position, strange key lock orientation, not waterproof, zips looks not durable....

So, a bit about the strength of the pannier mounts. When I crashed my bike, it landed on it's side and the panner and mount actually kept my bike from getting scraped up as bad, as it bore the weight and mostly tore up the side of the bag and my right foot peg which bent along the way and ended causing my right side radiator cover to bite the dust. The pannier mounting bracket area was not damaged at all, not even bent.

What is funny is, the left side mirror got broke and the mirror on the crashed side was perfectly fine. Also the kickback of my right turn signal made a nice cone-shaped dent in my tank, yet the plastic turn signal was perfectly fine. Not even scratched. Weird stuff.

Attachments

• 9579601655030822_n.jpg
    9579601655030822_n.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
BTW, do you please know, how to remove lock barrel from the pannier? They put me the locks inside, but one of them is rotated 90 degrees... I don't have energy to go to service, I prefer to fix it home.
Hi Martin. Sorry to revive an old thread . However I m in the same predicament as you. Bought the panniers & previous owner left the old barrels in.
Was it easy to take out the old barrels? As I downloaded the instructions & they tell you how to put the new barrels , how to unassemble the plastic latch. But never mentions what to press to take out the old barrel.
If you are free please let me know how to took out the old barrel. Thank you

Hi Martin. Sorry to revive an old thread . However I m in the same predicament as you. Bought the panniers & previous owner left the old barrels in.
Was it easy to take out the old barrels? As I downloaded the instructions & they tell you how to put the new barrels , how to unassemble the plastic latch. But never mentions what to press to take out the old barrel.
If you are free please let me know how to took out the old barrel. Thank you
I unscrewed the plastic part, the screws are inside the bag. Then I pulled out the lock quite simply, I think I just pushed something in there. But you have to be careful and don't take the key out of it when it's outside, because it will fall apart. You have to put it in the barrel where the new locks are and then take out the key,
But be careful when you're going to make this plastic thing for the trunk, it's soft enough so you don't destroy the hole.

Back