Panniers holders (mounting kit)

Martin_z_BA

.060 Over
Ride
everywhere
Hello all,
I bought sport panniers and mounting kit, original. After few rides I detected that one (right) holder does not hold the arm up during the ride without panniers. There is small plastic piece holding the arm in the upper position. I was shocked that something so expensive is not better designed and functionality depends on a bad designed ****ty little piece of plastic.
Also the arm does not have a fixed track, but swings sideways.
Do I have bad luck or also anybody else have such experience?

I am in the same boat as you. I will sometimes get home and see my arm hanging down which isn't good. I already mentioned it to my dealer and it will be replaced (in addition to making them aware of the situation). The only issue I have with replacing that part is, it can happen again (and again). The clip just has to be designed better or made of a more suitable material. I wonder how many mounting kits are affected.

I had the same issue last week but my new brackets have a metal clip to hold the arm up. Not sure why mine would be different than yours. Anyways easy fix for me, i just used pliers to squeeze it tighter on both sides. No issues now and i did about 120miles yesterday.

BTW, do you please know, how to remove lock barrel from the pannier? They put me the locks inside, but one of them is rotated 90 degrees... I don't have energy to go to service, I prefer to fix it home.

BTW, do you please know, how to remove lock barrel from the pannier? They put me the locks inside, but one of them is rotated 90 degrees... I don't have energy to go to service, I prefer to fix it home.
For some reason the locks are out of alignment by 90 degrees. It annoys the hell out of me, but they all seem to be the same.

I owe 100 euros to man in service for the bet... He told me it is so, but I couldn't believe, that company, which takes a care of such details as passenger footpegs, screw heads and everything else could make so huge faux pas with so simple thing as is aligning the locks the same way!

Hello all,
I bought sport panniers and mounting kit, original. After few rides I detected that one (right) holder does not hold the arm up during the ride without panniers. There is small plastic piece holding the arm in the upper position. I was shocked that something so expensive is not better designed and functionality depends on a bad designed ****ty little piece of plastic.
Also the arm does not have a fixed track, but swings sideways.
Do I have bad luck or also anybody else have such experience?
7FAA43BC-C5A6-492E-88E8-7C8A4EEA0ECC.jpeg

is this the part ? Mine kept falling down to, plastic ****….. I just used a heat gun to soften it then close it up a little ….cool it down quick and it’s tighter now 👍

Back