Took about 6 cans total, 8-12 oz to do two Corbin bags.

Got them at NAPA. Chose a compatible primer. Multiple sandings. Chose a GM gloss black with a clear coat with metallic. Very close approximation of roadster color.

I chose not to use more advanced stuff than enamel. I have a spray gun, but did not want to mix stuff for such a small job.

I was going to paint it back red but when the tins arrived they looked like black mirrors. The Scottsman in me can't paint over perfect paint. So I ordered my saddlebags in black and am researching having it all done with navy blue tribal graphics.

No doubt it will be done to your satisfaction, Fred. In this matter, you and Sweet Melissa are the only ones whose opinions matter...

Fred, since you are repainting the tins and keeping your beast in the fastest color family available (that would be red, for all you mislead heathens), why not go with the finest and most rare of reds ever offered for the Rocket III, i.e., Mulberry Red (yes, I am prejudiced)?:p

Do not forget the words of the famous Le Miserable song, Red & Black:

Red, the color of a dog d1ck!
Black, faster than the speed of light!
Red, pretty, but just not as quick!
Black, to Red, the color recondite!

Last edited:
I was going to paint it back red but when the tins arrived they looked like black mirrors. The Scottsman in me can't paint over perfect paint. So I ordered my saddlebags in black and am researching having it all done with navy blue tribal graphics.

Sounds good, Fred.
Columbia blue over black is one of my favorites.
The navy blue may not be enough contrast?
But then, your are a subtle fellow . . . :roll: :D
Just sayin' . . .

Sounds good, Fred.
Just sayin' . . .

Tribal don't seem so subtle to me........................... o_O :D :roll: :roll:

Sounds good, Fred.
Just sayin' . . .

Columbia blue - Which one?
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...olumbia_blue&usg=AOvVaw1LL2MYILtwo3rSgT8kH0y2

http://bwog.com/2016/09/07/nobody-knows-what-columbia-blue-is/

Color-Swatch.png

Back