Clear bra and other paint chip protection.

Namikuz

Rev'em high, Rev'em HARD!!!
Ride
2005 R3
Well, I have acquired a GORGEOUS '05 that someone put a lot of money and time into.
Now I need away to preserve her from Utah's debris filled roads......
Anyone use clear bra or similar on their bikes bags and front fenders? Or what have you been using to protect from rock chips, ect
5d62a338e357546a8b56be63.jpg
5d62a338277dec798a5c43cc.jpg
????

Congratulations we all saw this one for sale. I have an 05 also, bought in 2010 and not had a bit of trouble. Good luck!

Congrats on the new addition! ...no input on the paint protection.. the most I've done is carnuba wax... Heh! :)
-MIG

Enjoy the new beast. If you want it to stay so shiny go see an exotic car dealer (I know you have many in Utah), ask them who they use for paint protection.

No one cares more about their paint than lambo and Ferrari owners in my experience, and they know the right people to clear bra your bags, tank, and front fender.

I posted a Scotchgard branded kit for the Rocket 3 a while ago.
It seems the template maker/supplier offers different grade and priced 3M products, Urethane 948 PRO SERIES and plain Clear film 846 Series??

These are the R3 Touring versions:
Kit for Triumph Rocket 3 Tourer - 3M 948 PRO SERIES Scotchgard - Paint Protection
71oqaEFDxvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
714mz2ZxzaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Price: $262.44 + shipping

• You are buying one Custom Made Motorbike Paint Protection kit made with 3M 948 PRO SERIES product.
  • Paint protection film works great on the front of a motorcycle's fairing, on an air dam, or on any bodywork located in back of the front tire.
  • It also works great on the sides and the back of the fuel tank; on the sides of the battery covers to protect against scratches from motorcycle pants; on top of the fuel tank to protect against tank bag scratching; and basically anywhere else where the paint needs protecting.
  • This tough, durable, virtually invisible, maintenance-free urethane film uses our most advanced technology to protect the finish on your vehicle and keep it looking newer longer.
  • We Have over 20,000 templates and images in our software covering cars from 2002-Present.
Kit for Triumph Rocket 3 Tourer - 3M 846 Series Scotchgard - Paint Protection
715Q5M2PyzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Price: $209.95 + shipping
  • You are buying one Custom Made Motorbike Paint Protection kit made with 3M 846 Scotchgard product.
  • Film features a gloss appearance with years of durability against yellowing, cracking, bubbling and peeling. Clear Film is flexible and engineered to conform to
  • All kits made per order. After payment we will email to confirm the vehicle. This will ensure the proper kit is made.
  • We Have over 20,000 templates and images in our software covering cars from 2002-Present.

Last edited:
I have my Mini Roadster completely cleared on all the forward facing paint, except the hood. When detailing the car it's painfully obvious the hood isn't done and everything else is because of rock chips.

Definitely worth doing!

Urethane 948 PRO SERIES

BINGO!!
Price: $87.44 + shipping
Kit for Triumph Rocket 3 04 - up - 3M 948 PRO SERIES Scotchgard - Paint Protection

718KBKj9E9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• You are buying one Custom Made Motorbike Paint Protection kit made with 3M 948 PRO SERIES product.
  • Paint protection film works great on the front of a motorcycle's fairing, on an air dam, or on any bodywork located in back of the front tire.
  • It also works great on the sides and the back of the fuel tank; on the sides of the battery covers to protect against scratches from motorcycle pants; on top of the fuel tank to protect against tank bag scratching; and basically anywhere else where the paint needs protecting.
  • This tough, durable, virtually invisible, maintenance-free urethane film uses our most advanced technology to protect the finish on your vehicle and keep it looking newer longer.
See more product details

Here is another 3M kit maker for the Rocket 3 Standard Classic Roadster and Touring.

Check the 3M product used is comparable.

Rocket lll Triumph 3M™ Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film Kit

Last edited:
Thank you for the response!!! Awesome info....I wad going to talk to the guys that did my Lisa's Z3 Roadster, they did a nice job, I have laid graphics and a pre cut kit....DONE!!! THANKS!!!

Ishrub beat me to it. I've seen this stuff on several bikes around town and in talking to one guy, he advised me that it can be a bit tricky to install, especially on a rounded surface. A custom painter friend emphasize that it had to be applied from the center out and to use either a squeagy or a wet sponge, the latter that he preferred. If not done properly, lines will form in the material.

Back