Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Hoping to draw on community knowledge here. I'm going to paint the tank, radiator shrouds, and a few other bits on my bike. I am over the Satin/Matte finish. What I'm after is a nice, deep metallic black, something like the metallic black dodge uses, but the dodge color isn't dark enough black for me, yet it's not light enough to spray as a dark grey.

Anyone have a car make/model/year they know of with a nice dark deep black or dark graphite grey that has a good amount of metallic in it?

Alternatively, anyone know of a car that came with black cherry like this color? This is my first choice actually, but I know of nothing that came with it OEM.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great color and probably what I'll use for the black.

Thinking Cadillac Dark Brahma Jewel Metallic for the black cherry component against the ford tuxedo black will be a nice subtle accent color.

That leaves only the badging to replace the stock Tank badges, I have an idea for those :)

To calm the masses, no, I'm not ghost flaming my bike lol.

Hoping to draw on community knowledge here. I'm going to paint the tank, radiator shrouds, and a few other bits on my bike. I am over the Satin/Matte finish. What I'm after is a nice, deep metallic black, something like the metallic black dodge uses, but the dodge color isn't dark enough black for me, yet it's not light enough to spray as a dark grey.

Anyone have a car make/model/year they know of with a nice dark deep black or dark graphite grey that has a good amount of metallic in it?

Alternatively, anyone know of a car that came with black cherry like this color? This is my first choice actually, but I know of nothing that came with it OEM.
maxresdefault.jpg

Look at the new metallic Black of a new VOLVO PPG has every color imaginable. Find a PPG dealer

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like it was painted with a regular solid black, then red pearl added into the clear coat. the more coats of clear w/pearl, the more red you get.... that's how that was done back during the era of that year model vehicle. It still works great if all coats are applied evenly

I've come up with my paint scheme, just popped in my head while showering this morning.

While it's going to be traditional elements, I can't recall seeing any bikes blend the colors I am going to use, looks like the colors will be:
Ford Tuxedo black - Base Coat
Cadillac Dark Brahma Jewel Metallic - Element
BMW Austin Yellow Metallic - Element
Dodge Redline Pearl - Element
Porsche Rhodium Silver Metallic - Element

Stenciling the tank badges instead of using a stick on plastic badge or vinyl badge.

Starting the stripping process today :p Excited to get a bit of shine on the Matte R3.

I've come up with my paint scheme, just popped in my head while showering this morning.

While it's going to be traditional elements, I can't recall seeing any bikes blend the colors I am going to use, looks like the colors will be:
Ford Tuxedo black - Base Coat
Cadillac Dark Brahma Jewel Metallic - Element
BMW Austin Yellow Metallic - Element
Dodge Redline Pearl - Element
Porsche Rhodium Silver Metallic - Element

Stenciling the tank badges instead of using a stick on plastic badge or vinyl badge.

Starting the stripping process today :p Excited to get a bit of shine on the Matte R3.

How will these colors be used in that scheme? Or what is the pattern?

Back