Opinions on the Rocket 3, please

And... here it is. 2 hours old.

Here's my rocket. I am waiting for the front bars, and maybe a small wind shield. They didn't have these in stock, but I already paid for them. That's all.
The bike is huge, now I will try to get used to it.
Oh yes, I like it. Thank you all.

Attachments

• DSC00860.JPG
    DSC00860.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 65
It's too heavy, but what's the alternative? I was parking at my girl friend's house the other day. I had to do a 180 to get the bike to the side of the street where the bike would lean downhill onto the kickstand. I didn't quite make it and had to back peddle uphill to avoid hitting the curb. I just couldn't do it. I had to get my girl friend to give me a push. How humiliating. Some freakin' biker!

Here I am again after 40 miles of mixed ride, town and road.
A little shield on the front is needed.
A better helmet that fits tight on my head,
and
On tight roundabouts, with time I'll have to improve somehow my technique.
Nice bike indeed.

The Triumph fly screen does wonders on blocking enough wind to keep you from feeling like a parachute, and it looks pretty cool too. This is the first option I bought before leaving the dealer because I was going to be riding over 800 miles before I got home with it and wanted atleast a little wind protection.. :) Now I ride with it atleast 90% of the time. I also have Triumph's Roadster screen that I swap out on occaision.

One thing I've found about the size of the Rocket. I'm so used to it, that when I ride other bikes, like Harleys, or my wife's Triumph Trophy 1200, they feel absolutely small adn I can toss them around corners and such with ease!.... :D

More cushion to the pushing.....

It's too heavy, but what's the alternative? I was parking at my girl friend's house the other day. I had to do a 180 to get the bike to the side of the street where the bike would lean downhill onto the kickstand. I didn't quite make it and had to back peddle uphill to avoid hitting the curb. I just couldn't do it. I had to get my girl friend to give me a push. How humiliating. Some freakin' biker!

(Open mouth and insert foot)

Far as I'm concerned there ain't nuth'in wrong with lett'in your girlfriend do the push'in.....

When you get to be my age, you let your wife do the pushing. That way you can lay there and dream about other lasses, oops, things.:D

good move

relax,, welcome to the forum,youll be happy with your r3, my 07 r3 classic is 97 pounds lighter than my harley ultra classic, so the r3 feels light to some of us, due to the rake and wide rear tire it does not handle tight curves as well as some bikes, but its just a matter of getting use to it. the more you ride it, the better you will feel on it, so go log some miles and enjoy,,,,,Jeff

After the Gold Bling and Beemer, I refer to the wifey as "Reverse Gear":D

Great bike. The best that I've had till date [previous bikes include Harleys and Japanese metric cruisers].

Harleys 'big' twins are underpowered and cost too much. The V-Rod is too small. The Japs lose their charm in 6 months.

But I don't like paying extra for a clock and fuel gauge. I miss the hazard lights and flash to pass switch.

You just can't go wrong with the Rocket. And you have the bragging rights for the largest displacement production bike.

Back