Hey Guys, sorry about the long disappearance. Divorce will do that to ya.
Anyway, bike is up to 24mpg, but that is still ridiculous. I am thinking about removing the Power commander v or at the very least the auto tune module and re-installing the factory o2 sensor.
Any suggestions or ideas?

Chris

installed the pcv mileage went to crap and also the popping at 1500 off the gas went away.
pulled it off ran good but took quiet a while to run great. now my popping is back :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anyway, bike is up to 24mpg, but that is still ridiculous. I am thinking about removing the Power commander v or at the very least the auto tune module and re-installing the factory o2 sensor.

Chris
Clean the injectors for 95 bucks, 3 day turn aroun, they need cleaning reguardless, hang in there btutha

Chris
Have you zeroed out the PC5 fuel tables before running the autotune? Dynojet folks set up the PC5 up for the stock tune, so if you downloaded a custom tune for your configuration in the ECM, the added fuel set in the PC5 will cause you to run rich.
Here is what I would do: Zero all fuel trims and fuel tables in the PC5. That will take you back to the ECM fuel trim values. Leave and use the fuel ratios in the PC5 (set by Dynojet). Let the autotune retrim the PC5. See if that helps. Consider a POD-300 as that allows you to view what is happening while driving.

Have you zeroed out the PC5 fuel tables before running the autotune? Dynojet folks set up the PC5 up for the stock tune, so if you downloaded a custom tune for your configuration in the ECM, the added fuel set in the PC5 will cause you to run rich.
Here is what I would do: Zero all fuel trims and fuel tables in the PC5. That will take you back to the ECM fuel trim values. Leave and use the fuel ratios in the PC5 (set by Dynojet). Let the autotune retrim the PC5. See if that helps. Consider a POD-300 as that allows you to view what is happening while driving.
I used tune ecm and put a tune I was given on the bike. I then set the pcv to a zero tune for all tables.
Then I set the auto tune module to a 20% +/- learn. Rode it for awhile and the mileage was very low 20s. I then accepted trims and rode some more. Every time it would remove fuel and mileage would slowly go up. After the 3rd time or so however, it would start losing power and backfiring and just start being a total mess.
I would back it up to the 1st or 2nd fuel trim and then turn off the auto tune. That made it run as good as it would, but still terrible mileage.

I am going to try pulling the wideband o2 and remove the auto tune module and set all fuel trims to 0 again and then see if that helps anything. I tried doing that with the wideband installed and the autotune disabled, and it made no difference at all.
Next step might be to remove the pcv all together and do a 12 min tune on it and see what happens, but not sure that will help anything or not.

I should add, that I am attempting to run this thing on 87 octane if that makes a difference. Its a very low compression engine, so not sure its worth putting 93 octane in for over $1 a gallon more.

It looks like you a competent do it your self kind of guy but sometimes you need another set of eyes. Take it to a professional tuner/ bike builder and let them check your work and the motor itself. You’ve had a good go at it but the results are not satisfactory. Start fresh with a pro and see what comes of it.

Quick update guys. I disconnected the auto tune module and re-installed the factory 02 sensor.
Zero map still on the pcv. 1st tank yielded 28.9mpg
Made a few more adjustments and I'll let you know when I burn thru another tank. Think I'm on to something.

Back