camccardell

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
Oh guys,
I have a mostly stock 07 classic
I have a custom exhaust because I added hard saddle bags and I have a ramair.
That is it for the mods.

I added a power commander v and a autotune to try and get it running right. The performance and mileage just continues to get worse and worse.

I never and I mean NEVER can get 30 mpg. Back roads 55mph just cruising and no hard accelerating and best is 27mpg. I mean what gives? It is steadily getting worse and worse.
Last tank was 21.2 mpg and that was highway driving around 70-75 also just cruising.

It has about 30k on the odometer. I am open for suggestions on anything at this point. I can't ride this thing anywhere because I'm always have to stay close to a gas station.

Thanks

Chris

Pull the plugs and see what they look like. Sounds like it is running very rich.
Have you oiled the Ramair? If so maybe too much oil?
The bike hates stop and go traffic, but I get my best mileage as you said 70-80 mph long haul.
Don't know much about the power commander.

You are using all 5 gears right?

Those wiser than I will be along soon I am sure.

Any chance you can get it dyno tuned?

21 mpg is just crazy rich.
I beat on mine and normally average around 30.
Perhaps one of the guys more versed in autotune can help.

Checking the plugs is gonna show what you already know. Its rich most likely , or it leaking on the ground!

Are you running the stock tune, or what tune are you running?
Never worked with the Power commander / auto tune.
However the auto tuner relies on it's O2 sensor to calibrate the fuel mixture if there was an exhaust leak, bad O2 sensor, etc. it could attempt to make the mixture richer.

Rick

Oh guys,
I have a mostly stock 07 classic
I have a custom exhaust because I added hard saddle bags and I have a ramair.
That is it for the mods.

I added a power commander v and a autotune to try and get it running right. The performance and mileage just continues to get worse and worse.

I never and I mean NEVER can get 30 mpg. Back roads 55mph just cruising and no hard accelerating and best is 27mpg. I mean what gives? It is steadily getting worse and worse.
Last tank was 21.2 mpg and that was highway driving around 70-75 also just cruising.

It has about 30k on the odometer. I am open for suggestions on anything at this point. I can't ride this thing anywhere because I'm always have to stay close to a gas station.

Thanks

Chris
Ok Chris first lets see this after market pipe and what type of air cleaner system do you have?

Back