Old Biker New Rocket

Plow Horse, you were absolutely right! In truth I did both... I bought two blanks from a Triumph dealer and then, when I took them into the locksmith, the key maker practiced making a key on a separate blank b4 cutting my "expensive" Triumph blanks (by expensive, I paid $15 apiece... not bad really). I took the seat lock off as per your suggestion in an earlier post and handed it to the locksmith. a few hours later (and $80 out of pocket for the locksmith work) I had a total of 4 keys in my hand: two non-descript generics and two "official" Triumph keys. They work great... problem solved! I have since then removed the gas tank.... oh boy. I'm going to start a new thread on my fuel tank issues... it's a real mess from some seriously bad gas left inside for years. Well, one problem at a time, right?
Glad it worked out for you. 😉

Thanks for referral @Jag - but I am currently in hiatus from making these until I can find an alternative for the RFID module I've been using.
They are still out there but just becoming prohibitively expensive.
It's too bad DEI abandoned that product, nothing in their portfolio comes even close (and nothing from China so far excites me although I've tested a couple of options)
Hello DEcosse - I'm fairly new to the forum and quite interested in a keyless option for my 2006 R3 - also am looking forward to you finding a suitable option.

Hello DEcosse - I'm fairly new to the forum and quite interested in a keyless option for my 2006 R3 - also am looking forward to you finding a suitable option.
Calling @DEcosse... business request

@Kea, you can send him a personal note in conversations. Also, when trying to get a members attention, use @ before their name.

As mentioned - and quoted - from earlier in the thread, I am on bit of hiatus from KeyLess at the moment - hope to resume when I find a suitable replacement for the RFID module - I have identified a couple of units to try out to see if they will be suitable for purpose. Perhaps sometime in the first quarter.
I will keep interested parties advised on that as/when it happens

Back