Oily sump - [now sticky: excellent explanations of case separation and input shaft removal]

xlozinguez

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket 3
Hey friends,

Just noticed some oily drops under my 2013 R3 and took a look under and realized the sump was covered in oil.

I realized that one of the hose leading to the sum is sectioned... not sure if that's the origin of the issue or if I just need to replace the sump plugs washers.

I'm overdue for an oil change anyway. Let me know what y'all think.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Cheers,

XL

@scot in exile : I put a piece of cardboard but was not seeing any further dripping. I cleaned it up now and will see tomorrow if there are anything dripping.
@Fingers : I cleaned it up, will take it for a ride tomorrow.

Thank you gentlemen, I'll let you know!

Haha thanks for the conversion, I’m French and have no clue what they talk about usually with pounds, feet and inches :roll:

So quick update: cleaned it all up and this am I have a few drops coming from the front of the sump :banghead:

F7552EC2-616E-4863-A4C7-A4599AABFA72.jpeg

Looks like I’m going to have to drain the oil and drop the plate to figure out what the issue is... hopefully just a sealing issue.

I agree less then 20 bucks prabably just the gasket. Good opertunity for sump screen cleaning. Triumph say's to renew the little screen bolts. Warp say's they are lazy apply medium grade thread locker (blue) after cleaning the complete sump with a can if brake cleaner. Don't forget the two bolts just inside the side stand a few inches more then the outer perimeter bolts. Or you will be scrathing your head. Look the sump pan.over after cleaning incase you suffered a unknown collision and cracked it. You wouldn't be the first for sure.

Last edited:
Back