oil filter wrench

The fram oil filter that I use from wallyworld on and off with two hands, it is harder getting the bloody chrome cover removed:D

yea yea i know. don't need no stinkin torque wrench. however if you're just a part timer like me, you'll take all the calibrated torque-in' you can get.
if you got 'em, smoke 'em.

Do you guys stick to the maintenance schedule in the manual, or are you changing the filter/oil a little sooner?

I change mine about every 7500K....manual states 10K.......most change before, others use the service interval because they put so many miles on the bike that they hit 10K before the years end.........really preference but at least once a year and really no longer....hope this helps :D

mutt

There's two school of thoughts on oil change. Back in the day i used to change it every 2000 miles in my cars. My old Suzuki GT500 used to get an oil change every two years:D the bottom seal leaked and i just added it when the oil window was low. I change the Rockets every 3000 using syn. also,the beast is one hot running machine. It's hard to teach and old dog new tricks.........;)

Back