I ran 89 since new to 6,000 miles then recently switched to 87.

It runs better on 87...still gets the same mpg.

My "octane jar" - actually it's a tin - just hit $81. That's from the $3 I save every time I fill up with regular unleaded instead of premium. Bike runs better, smoother and starts easier. Just bought a Stebel horn and funding it out of that. Better than it going out the exhaust for NO BENEFIT AT ALL.

My "octane jar" - actually it's a tin - just hit $81. That's from the $3 I save every time I fill up with regular unleaded instead of premium. Bike runs better, smoother and starts easier. Just bought a Stebel horn and funding it out of that. Better than it going out the exhaust for NO BENEFIT AT ALL.
im running 98 STILL and loving it and she is as smooth as a brazilian girls snatch after the dyno :p:p red bikes cant handle the 98 :D

im running 98 STILL and loving it and she is as smooth as a brazilian girls snatch after the dyno :p:p red bikes cant handle the 98 :D

Mine ran great on 98 too; just no better than it does on 91. Sounds like the black ones are too delicate for the rough stuff, Mitch. 'spose you only drink Chardonay too. ;)

I just grab whatever doesn't have Ethanol in it wether it be 91, 95 or 98 "The Mistress" turns it in to Hp out the back wheel, just the smoothness varies and to be honest I have actually on the run back from the Island while cruising and behaving myself in the Cann River Cop Trap Zone returned the best fuel econmy I have ever had (without a trailer) and I was towing a trailer on 98 maybe it was a fluke but the light didn't come on till 267 klm which meant at that point I had only used 17 litres which works out to be nearly 16km per litre or nearly 37mp per gallon(us) . when you think about it we ride very versitile machine I have mates on bmw's take won't use anything less than 95 or they ping:D at the end of the day The Red bike Will Rule You wait and See!!

Back