I always run 98 in my bikes, previous owner ran 91tho.
Used to run avgas in the HD , puts a bit off lead in the pencil.

I have run 95 in my bikes and petrol vehicles for ages (a bit each way I suppose) but I do add Nulon or Flashlube lead replacement fluid, as I have pulled down a few motors run on the fluid and they are always nice and clean almost as clean as LPG powered ones, someone will probably tell me I am wrong but I do what I do.
just a thought I wonder given the advances in small turbo diesels if Triumph have considered the Manufacture of a Turbo Diesel Rocket 3 the odd cylinder configuration lends itself nicely to Diesel application , and the torque
figures are amazing a 2.5 litre Navara can tow over 3 tonnes, this used to be Landcruiser and Patrol only ratings.

Has any one tried 100 oct the only down side may be it contains 10% ethanol , i tried it 50:50 mix with 98 the bike did feel more crisp and after a 70 k ride the exhaust colour looked a bit lighter, below is what they say about 100 oct.

Enhanced Petrol and Engine Performance
Premium 100 is a high performance fuel containing ethanol with an octane of 100 - the highest rating available in the Australian market. Ethanol is a natural octane enhancer - adding 10% ethanol to petrol boosts its octane number and its performance. Ethanol helps the other components in petrol burn more completely. It also has a cleaning effect on the cars fuel system. Premium 100 will give your car more zip!
Helping Our Environment
Premium 100 can make a real difference to the Australian environment. Premium 100 contains 3.55% oxygen resulting in a cleaner burning fuel, giving consumers the chance to help reduce the amount of harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Premium 100 very significantly lowers smog causing emissions including carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons.

Thanks for the photos Nev!

Pete, if every interested in knowing that. My two choices here are 95 (5%eth) or 98. Big price difference, but I just go with the 98 cause, a: I've always tried avoiding ethanol, and b: it's a motorcycle tank of benzine (my car doesn't get so lucky :)

Thanks for the photos Nev!

Pete, if every interested in knowing that. My two choices here are 95 (5%eth) or 98. Big price difference, but I just go with the 98 cause, a: I've always tried avoiding ethanol, and b: it's a motorcycle tank of benzine (my car doesn't get so lucky :)
true thats why i went 50:50 mix as i didn't want to run 10% ethanol , i pm NLR before trying it basically if it runs well you can use it, but i'm not sure about long term effects of using x amount of ethanol

Ethanol is basically pointless, or worse than pointless. It's hygroscopic so it attracts water to the fuel, and it's not even more ecologically sound. Sure, the vehicle outputs a dash less, which is compensated for by making and transporting those oceans of ethanol. I want a low octane fuel without ethanol already... :(

Ethanol is basically pointless, or worse than pointless. It's hygroscopic so it attracts water to the fuel, and it's not even more ecologically sound. Sure, the vehicle outputs a dash less, which is compensated for by making and transporting those oceans of ethanol. I want a low octane fuel without ethanol already... :(

Don't take this the wrong way, but does anything in this world make you happy?

Back