What octane to use

Only put the best in mine now, due to 11.4 compression. :twisted:
£1.11 per litre, £24 to fill up yesterday :evil:

Good post I've run 92 in mine since day one I now have 50,000 miles on her and yes I have always had popping on decel. Next fill up I'm going to use 89 see what happens. **** that's alot of money to burn up in the exhaust.

I've run 89 in mine since day one. Only time I ever put anything different in is if there is the choice between 87 and 92. I choose the higher because spark knock sucks more than decel pop. :wink: :lol:

I think my R3 has had one tank of 92 in it since new. All 89 and it runs great with minimal decel pop. Course I have used Tuneboy to cure a lot of that too. :twisted:

I stay away from 89 for the most part because no one else uses it much and it is pretty stale due to lack of people buying it. Most either buy 87 or 91 octane. My local station said he only fills his 89 tanks sometimes MONTHLY, the other tanks get fresh fuel DAILY.
Thats my 2 cents......I alternate tanks between 91 and 87. 8)

Jeepster09 said:
I stay away from 89 for the most part because no one else uses it much and it is pretty stale due to lack of people buying it......

That is an interesting observation. I do use a high volume Shell gas station (normally) when I need to fuel up locally.

Next time I fill up, I'll ask the proprietor of the frequency of 89 octane replenishment for his underground tanks.

Kindest regards,

-Will

Back