Now this really sucks....

Be careful with Celebrex my friend started bleeding from her esophagus, i take an Aleve once a day and eat as many fruits and vegetables that i can get in and out of season. The only reason it's still on the market big drug companies have the power to manipulate the system.:thumbsdown: Read the stats on Vioxx, ask yourself why is that back on the market....$$$$$$

Last edited:
Be careful with Celebrex my friend started bleeding from her esophagus, i take an Aleve once a day and eat as many fruits and vegetables that i can get in and out of season. The only reason it's still on the market big drug companies have the power to manipulate the system.:thumbsdown: Read the stats on Vioxx, ask yourself why is that back on the market....$$$$$$

BS!
She is selling her own $hit! ALL drugs have side effects!
Viox was removed, Celebrex was not. REMEMBER the FDA is a government org - nuff said.
All humans react differently to all drugs. Do your homework - get regular exams and lab work - pay attention to what happens to you and act accordingly.

BS!
Viox was removed, Celebrex was not. REMEMBER the FDA is a government org - nuff said.
All humans react differently to all drugs. Do your homework - get regular exams and lab work - pay attention to what happens to you and act accordingly.

And when all else fails...drink!

BS!
Yeah all due respect we know all about the government and FDA do your homework on them. I'm just passing on what happened to my friend. If you trust it go for it her reaction scared the he!! out of her.

Last edited:
Diclofenic here. Was diagnosed with RA several years ago. It ain't no fun. Methotrexate (spell?) works, but the side effects are worse than the disease. And yes, the Florida weather doesn't help much either!

Prior to my first knee replacement I was taking 800 mg's of Ibuprofen several times a day. Couldnt help it. My Dr then put me on Celebrex which worked pretty good for me. I was also concerned about Nsaids effect on the liver and other organs. When I went in for extensive testing before my knee replacement I was shocked to find that there were no ill effects from all the years of using Nsaids. I figured that my internals would have been damaged somewhat. The Dr did explain that while damage does happen often, for some it may be minimal or none at all. After the surgery I was able to reduce my need for Nsaids for weeks on end but there are times, like this one, where I need it badly. Dam, when there was LSD we had none of these issues......we just didnt care.....or feel any pain.....or, or, or, :rolleyes::x3::sleep:

Been managing a day or two on the bike each week. Left knee keeps swelling, limiting my riding time. I never thought that I would look so forward to a surgery..........:confused:
Got the week of the 4th off. I plan on a 400 mile trip so I hope I can get this under control by then.

Just Grumbling here...:mad:

Same dilemma here, Amigo. Left knee is giving me ice pick pain frequently. A couple weeks ago I went on the Celebrex. Shall stay on it through RAA IX this month and then get back off. No way I am having the replacement surgery until this winter. After all, I only have so many riding seasons left. :eek::thumbsup:

Just got an email from my old Marine Bud. He had 1 knee replaced at a VA hospital, couple months ago. He got an infection while there, (sars). BIG mess, he just told me he's still on antibiotic every day for 2 more weeks. Then the Dr. told him if his white cell count is still elevated, they will suggest amputation !!!!! He just said he wished he'd stayed with celebrex or something, instead of the surgery.

Back