Not tyres again

Just the rear. Front is Avon (my second one) and not all that old. I'll probably get the Bridgy for front next to try just to match them - unless the rear wears out so fast I don't stick with them - but I have to say I'm really happy with the Avon. It corners great and is really sure footed in the wet; moreso than the rear. If I go DS at some stage (which is still doubtful but you never know) I guess I'll have to give the Shinko a try or else Hanso will wear me out. :p;) I guess the big plus :confused::confused: with doing the sort of miles I do and using MTs is that I get to try a new one every 6-8 months or so.

Just the rear. Front is Avon (my second one) and not all that old. I'll probably get the Bridgy for front next to try just to match them - unless the rear wears out so fast I don't stick with them - but I have to say I'm really happy with the Avon. It corners great and is really sure footed in the wet; moreso than the rear. If I go DS at some stage (which is still doubtful but you never know) I guess I'll have to give the Shinko a try or else Hanso will wear me out. :p;) I guess the big plus :confused::confused: with doing the sort of miles I do and using MTs is that I get to try a new one every 6-8 months or so.
Dream on, I am not kinda Guy,
just you gtuys be warned I was warned away from the front by a Brigdestone rep- not up the job of a rocket he put me onto the Shinko his suggestion to go with a Brigdy rear but that part fell on deaf ears as I ain't switching from the Darkside Luke Skywalker

My Avon picked up a nail on Friday and I didn't notice until sat morning when it was almost completly flat. Rang Joe's and ordered a Bridgestone which won't be here until Tuesday; then got the old hand pump out, which got me down to the servo to pump it up enough to see if I could find anyone who'd plug it to get me by. No-one at all in Canberra will plug bike tyres any more. I went to 4 car tyre sellers and 3 bike shops and was sent away, even after offering to sign a release or whatever. At 2 places I had to get them to pump me up - but still not prepared to plug (altho they do plug cars no problem).

Must say I came really (really) close to putting on a car tyre there and then as one of the places said they do that for me. Desperate times! The prospect of facing traffic in a car, even for only 2 days, filled me with horror. In the end I bought a DIY plug kit for $14 and have fixed it for now - at worst it will only revert to the slow leak.

Bridgestone it will be for now then; possibly my last shot with an MT.

Also would like to say that while I've been real pleased with the Avon, it's only given me 6,500km so far. Still has a little left on it but I doubt I'd have got to 7,500 (or 7,000) so is quite disappointing really, although 50% better mileage that I got from the Metz. I might have to go a bit easier with the throttle!
To avoid any problem with the naysayers I took my wheel in loose with the tire and told them it was from one of those new three wheelers. They never raised an eyebrow about installing a car tire on one of those.

Good thinking. Mitch, could be an option for you. Personally, I like to ride in, brouse the clothes and accessories and ride out 30 mins later with new rubber. Why is it such a devil of a choice????????:confused::mad::confused::mad: If the Bridgestone doesn't give me more confidence in the wet and at least 8,000km ...............:( yep, that's right, I still don't know what I'll do.

I suggest you take it loose to a high volume store like a Honda or Yammer-hammer dealership, they would never recognize the wheel as an R3 wheel. Plus, they typically have the heavy duty tire machines to get the **** Metzler carcass off the wheel without destroying it.

ok, I know I said I was going with the Avon's, Well, went with the Bridgestones, I love 'em.
price was great I saved over $150.00 bucks and they handle great much better than the metzlers.just have to wait and see how the miles add up.

My stock rear Metz was showing cords at 7,000 miles.

I now have over 2,000 on my BS Excedra Max rear....I really like it.

My front Metz is still OK at a bit over 9,000 miles....

This is what I plan to use for my next front..

click here

I like the fatter look up front, but that's a nice looking option. Have quite a way to go on the Avon but worth considering (if they're available over here) if I think I can live with the gap it will leave under the front guard - time for a mod there perhaps. Just on the BS - I reckon it's so far ahead of Metz and Avon I can't understand why everyone doesn't have one on the back.

I like the fatter look up front, but that's a nice looking option. Have quite a way to go on the Avon but worth considering (if they're available over here) if I think I can live with the gap it will leave under the front guard - time for a mod there perhaps. Just on the BS - I reckon it's so far ahead of Metz and Avon I can't understand why everyone doesn't have one on the back.

They should be easy to find as it is a common Harley size.

The size diff...I don't think will be noticed enough visually to require any fender mods.

The performance should be nicely enhanced.....the bike is now hibernating until spring.

Then I may not even wait to wear out the front Metz to give it a go....

+1 on the BS rear.

Back