Normal intake clatter?

Maybe it's just the tractor like sound the motor normally makes??
Having a bike that sounds agricultural causes my riding mates to have a laugh at me as they ride jap bikes. They like the look of the rocket though. They say it is too slow for them but they can never leave me in the dust.

Being new to a 2005 R3 I'm not sure what is the norm... the bike has a RAM AIR intake and DnD pipes. To me, I hear an awful lot of clatter coming from intake and I need to know if this is normal. I have an open air intake on my other bike and all I hear is a loud suction noise. Please advise. Thanks!
According to Sonny, the R3 intake noise is beautiful music. Mine makes a 'chirping' sound with open secondaries and K&N's.

I've heard it called crickets and bird chirps and that's pretty accurate from my experience but clatter doesn't sound right. Are you sure where the sound is coming from? Is the bear claw on or off?

I've heard it called crickets and bird chirps and that's pretty accurate from my experience but clatter doesn't sound right. Are you sure where the sound is coming from? Is the bear claw on or off?
The bear claw is on, it's just the foam filter. Today when riding I feel like I can hear the intake valves opening and closing, I know that sounds ridiculous... If I try hard enough I guess I could think it's a growl... lol

I had heard about the crickets and the chirping, but when I first rode it after putting the k&n filters on I thought it sounded like the crickets had little hammers in there. I would call it clatter, was worried about it, then someone posted a video of what theirs sounded like, and mine sounded the same. Just need to twist the throttle more, turn the clatter into a roar.

Having a bike that sounds agricultural causes my riding mates to have a laugh at me as they ride jap bikes. They like the look of the rocket though. They say it is too slow for them but they can never leave me in the dust.
I’ve not had a riding mate say my Rockets are are too slow. I don’t however have friends that own Jap bikes. ;)

Back