Normal intake clatter?

have you tried a little bit (up to 10% of volume oil is usually ok in motorcycles) of Lucas Oil Stabilizer? that thing really reduces clattering noise in my old f150. Looks like they even have a version for motorcycles today.
Hmm...never heard of it...but will check it out.

1624477388378.png

"... For 4-Stroke motorcycles with wet clutches, use 10%, otherwise use 20%..." per Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer

Snake oil.... personally, I'd stay away from it. I think this stuff might be good for hydraulic lifters which are worn out. I'd keep it away from any wet clutch.

Agreed. There are few reviews on YouTube where it has been shown to increase the foaming of the oil in the motor. If the oil foams up, then you have less oil coverage on all the critical surfaces. Most oil additives are really unnecessary.

I'm about to change my oil and put in Amsoil which I have in my Busa and Strat. They seem to love it. Do any of you have a XB08 exhaust? Looks like a good way to shed some serious weight and it seems to sound pretty good as well.

I think @Rocket Scientist insulated his bear claw to cut down on the noise.

I had a post about this called Woodpeckers. I found out that once I switched helmets I barely noticed the "chirping and pecking."
Woodpecker is a good description of the noise. Sounds like a woodpecker pecking on a hard plastic container.

Back