Nitron shocks upgrade

:D
Definitely. I'm tall enough that I could stand to raise the bike up a bit, but I was worried about going too tall and not being able to plant my feet too well when stopped. I'm still on the stock tire and I've got an exedra max in the garage when that wears out, so that'll raise it up even more.

A half more inch with the Exedra Max. :D

:D

A half more inch with the Exedra Max. :D
Yeah I was planning for that. I read a 1" overall increase would help the handling a lot. I can get my feet firmly planted to the ground now, probably a little less after the changes. I have an extra stock seat from a classic and my plan was to shave down some of the foam for a lower ride height and have reupholstered. Was that you who also recommended a lower profile front tire?

I'm 5'11" but I have a pretty long inseam relative to my height. Are you also running exedra max tires?

I am indeed and with a 150/70ZR17 up front.
Rear axle is ½ inch higher, front ½ lower than OEM.
Seat height is pretty much as high as my 29" inseam can tolerate with 12.5 inch 444s .
What you running for a tire up front?

I am indeed and with a 150/70ZR17 up front.
Rear axle is ½ inch higher, front ½ lower than OEM.
Seat height is pretty much as high as my 29" inseam can tolerate with 12.5 inch 444s .
What you running for a tire up front?
Still on the stock Metz. Only been able to put a few hundred miles on it since I bought it in Nov. 2700 total miles on it.

Nice looking shocks. I have a set of Hagon Nitros I am looking to install on my Touring...one of several winter projects. Some of the forum members have reported great improvement after fitting Hagon Nitros. I suppose you will see the same with your custom setup.

I have them on my Touring, they almost eliminated the pogoing when going over bumps.

@MartyCA please tell us about these Nitron shocks. How much ? What are the details on these things ? How do we contact the makers ?
Sales@nitron.co.uk
There is an American distributor if you google Nitron shocks, but I remember the price was higher than from the UK, so I dealt with them. It took a while, about a month and a half to be shipped if I remember correctly, because they were waiting on a piston rod, likely because of the custom length. Their communication was very good, and they notified me of the delays on their own. It was £550 for the shocks, £50 for the custom length, and £40 for delivery to California, which only took a couple days. I cant give too many details on the shock, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to suspension. I learned everything I know from you guys on here and a couple other suspension shop owners have corresponded with. I just know they are adjustable in length...I was told +/- 5 mm several times but the manual says 7mm of total adjustment, so not sure which is correct. Also has a preload adjustment and a single, combination rebound/compression damping adjustment. I'll give my impressions of my first ride but I'm heading out for dinner with the mrs.

Back