Nitron shocks upgrade

MartyCA

.020 Over
Ride
2015 R3R
Havent fitted them yet, but I was too excited to keep it to myself. Nitron shocks custom built to 330mm (+/- 5mm). I havent seen many reports of Nitrons being fitted on a Rocket, so I guess I'll be the Guinea pig. I'll report back, hopefully in a few days, with my review. Btw...does anyone happen to know the torque specs on the shock bolts?

Attachments

• 20200217_111508.jpg
    20200217_111508.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 60
Nice looking shocks. I have a set of Hagon Nitros I am looking to install on my Touring...one of several winter projects. Some of the forum members have reported great improvement after fitting Hagon Nitros. I suppose you will see the same with your custom setup.

Nice looking shocks. I have a set of Hagon Nitros I am looking to install on my Touring...one of several winter projects. Some of the forum members have reported great improvement after fitting Hagon Nitros. I suppose you will see the same with your custom setup.
Nice, I ALMOST went with the Hagons, myself. I had a long email thread with a suspension expert from NZ who sold me on the Nitrons, so I took a chance and went with his advice. I'm sure anything will be better than the stock setup. Hopefully I can knock out the installation in an hour or so...seems pretty straight forward.

The shock swap is pretty fast. I have had my factory shocks off a couple times for cleaning and inspection. You will need to jack up the bike a bit to relieve the pressure, though some folks have just muscled it one side at a time provided you are replacing the same length as what is already on there. Per the factory manual, the torque value for the top and bottom mounting bolts is approx 28 Nm (approx 20 ft-lbs).

The shock swap is pretty fast. I have had my factory shocks off a couple times for cleaning and inspection. You will need to jack up the bike a bit to relieve the pressure, though some folks have just muscled it one side at a time provided you are replacing the same length as what is already on there. Per the factory manual, the torque value for the top and bottom mounting bolts is approx 28 Nm (approx 20 ft-lbs).
Cool, thanks! Yeah I've got a Jack-b-quick on there and a harbor frieght motorcycle jack. My new ones are slightly longer than stock so I'll need to lift it a bit.

Nice looking shocks with metal bushes. I'm waiting for YSS to replace the bushes on the shocks they sent me. Always nice to have a little flex in the length.

Nice looking shocks with metal bushes. I'm waiting for YSS to replace the bushes on the shocks they sent me. Always nice to have a little flex in the length.
Definitely. I'm tall enough that I could stand to raise the bike up a bit, but I was worried about going too tall and not being able to plant my feet too well when stopped. I'm still on the stock tire and I've got an exedra max in the garage when that wears out, so that'll raise it up even more.

Havent fitted them yet, but I was too excited to keep it to myself. Nitron shocks custom built to 330mm (+/- 5mm). I havent seen many reports of Nitrons being fitted on a Rocket, so I guess I'll be the Guinea pig. I'll report back, hopefully in a few days, with my review. Btw...does anyone happen to know the torque specs on the shock bolts?
How tall are you? I wish I would have ordered 330 but I went with a 13.5in at 6’2 it’s a tad much

Hey jay how about a picture of yours with info on what they are.

Cool, thanks! Yeah I've got a Jack-b-quick on there and a harbor frieght motorcycle jack. My new ones are slightly longer than stock so I'll need to lift it a bit.

Just FYI - A half inch longer.
I trust your inseam shall handle this?

Back