Harley's 2,212cc Upgrade...

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
1682533594795.png

They're getting close to the older 2300 Rocket... but not close enough. 130hp at 5500 rpm and 143 ft/lbs of torque at 3500.... not too shabby and that's at the rear wheel. Looks like one has to purchase another header to go with the engine though... It'll cost you a kidney!!!

Fairly anemic for an $8000 crate motor, IMO, compared to what's possible, even with a V twin.

Personally guys, I'm impressed that Harley is staying true to their roots. V Twin with over 1100cc per cylinder and more horsepower at the rear wheel than a stock early model Rocket especially a Touring. I wonder when this engine will be a stock offering in their lineup. I do like the looks of it but not the cost. For a lot less $$$s you can purchase a Carpenter upgrade including exhaust and fly....

Modern Harleys are a pretty good product, they just aren't canyon carvers. But neither are Rockets, at least first generation, I haven't ridden a new one.

I had good luck and times with my Harleys. I’m preferring Indians these days however. I’ve got at 126 ci motor that makes 112 hp/ 151 tq at the wheel . It too is not a canyon carver but it’s a very strong low rpm cruiser.
DEAB254E-5CAE-42ED-A8A9-2700DD3DED15.jpeg

Back