America TTP upgrades.

Been looking for an America or similar for a mate and found a pristine 2007 carby one with an unbelievable 900 km since new. The owner's wife has listed it and wants a new car that gets used. She reckons he bought it off a mate to show off to his mates long ago and has hardly ever ridden it, despite it still having 6 months road rego. She sounds like she would take an offer to get rid of it too. Tempting but that is a hell of a long time for oil to sit in it and would need to check if it has ever even had a 1st service.:(:confused:

Been looking for an America or similar for a mate and found a pristine 2007 carby one with an unbelievable 900 km since new. The owner's wife has listed it and wants a new car that gets used. She reckons he bought it off a mate to show off to his mates long ago and has hardly ever ridden it, despite it still having 6 months road rego. She sounds like she would take an offer to get rid of it too. Tempting but that is a hell of a long time for oil to sit in it and would need to check if it has ever even had a 1st service.:(:confused:
Engines are pretty bullet proof. I bought my 2005 in 2015 with 2800 miles on it. It is also a very easy engine to work on. They do not hold their value like the Bonnevilles, but they are fun bikes.

Rode one from 05 to 2010. Well over 100,000 miles with no problems. Heavily modified engine. Started out as a 799cc ended up 900cc. Lots of torque. Traded it in when i bought the Fatboy. Still regret doing that.:(:(:(:(:(:(

Back