Nice riding jacket option

A good well cut 100% proper Sheepskin Flying Jacket is (ime) quite the opposite of heavy. Bulky? - Yes but air trapped in the fleece does not really weigh that much. Poor base leather requires more resin too - increasing weight.
But GOOD fleece is expensive. As soon as you add Bovine or Equine leather the weight goes up and the warmth goes down.

Aesthetics aside - For travelling I want something that packs down to almost nothing. On a bike - NOTHING would get me in a plastic jacket that melts under friction.
I agree it is not as heavy as my FXRG coat but it is bulky and much warmer. A man needs many coats.

I agree it is not as heavy as my FXRG coat but it is bulky and much warmer. A man needs many coats.
Hmm - Mrs B. may choose not to be of the same opinion. I am a bit like Emelda Marcos when it comes to coats and Jackets

ulises.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Well I’m m blessed(addicted to coats) to have one of each. They are different and I love them both for their own unique purposes. I’ll have the Langlitz on today.;)

Curious -
Did you go to Portland to be measured or was it just ordered by mail?
I love my Langlitz and have worn it since 1979, albeit not on too many long trips the past few years.
I do find it very heavy, too hot to wear when temps are above 85° and, when off, it packs up for $hit.
I find it pretty hard to beat a high quality textile, which allows me to AGATT, regardless of the temp, even when 110°!

Curious -
Did you go to Portland to be measured or was it just ordered by mail?
I love my Langlitz and have worn it since 1979, albeit not on too many long trips the past few years.
I do find it very heavy, too hot to wear when temps are above 85° and, when off, it packs up for $hit.
I find it pretty hard to beat a high quality textile, which allows me to AGATT, regardless of the temp, even when 110°!
I ordered by mail and phone calls. It is way to far to travel adding to the costs. I bought the pants and jacket in the goat skin that is a little lighter in weight. It still is bulky to pack for sure. I only wear that kind of gear when it’s cold out and go naked when it’s warm.:rolleyes: I do have textile coats too but prefer the leather stuff.

I just like leather and natural materials.;)

Back