Nice riding jacket option

DodahMan

Turbocharged
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar, 2011 Triumph Rocket III Tour
Hey guys, I work as a pilot and have to buy new shirts and paints annually so I come across good deals now and then. 15 years ago, they let us start wearing leather jackets as a winter uniform piece. Dang things too heavy and expensive so I stuck with the blazer. Now something better has come along and here it is. A very nice faux leather jacket with both a leather collar and button off fake mutton collar, plus zip out insulation liner. It's on sale for $99 USD. You have to apply the discount code: Citation.

Check it out. They look nice. I am planning on getting one at this price.

Citation Flight Jacket

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey guys, I work as a pilot and have to buy new shirts and paints annually so I come across good deals now and then. 15 years ago, they let us start wearing leather jackets as a winter uniform piece. Dang things too heavy and expensive so I stuck with the blazer. Now something better has come along and here it is. A very nice faux leather jacket with both a leather collar and button off fake mutton collar, plus zip out insulation liner. It's on sale for $99 USD. You have to apply the discount code: Citation.

Check it out. They look nice. I am planning on getting one at this price.

Citation Flight Jacket

Dude, you are pilot....... buy a real flight jacket. I would offer you one of my Navy ones but..... no. :) ;)

bob

Dude, you are pilot....... buy a real flight jacket. I would offer you one of my Navy ones but..... no. :) ;)

bob
I am going to buy one of these. I really do not care much for wearing a $350 heavy leather jacket through the airport. But hey, practicality matters to me. You have never had to lug a wet leather jacket on a trip for days.

I bought myself one of those USN goatskin jackets and gifted it to my nephew. Funny, he was fifteen then and now flies F18s USMC.

I seldom wore my leather flight jacket, if it was cold enough for a jacket those wouldn't keep you warm. I much preferred my green nomex, it kept you warm and wasn't as constricting as the leather.

bob

I'll stick with the Triumph Rocket III Leather jacket will last longer sliding down the road when a texting driver hits me. :confused::eek::confused:

A good well cut 100% proper Sheepskin Flying Jacket is (ime) quite the opposite of heavy. Bulky? - Yes but air trapped in the fleece does not really weigh that much. Poor base leather requires more resin too - increasing weight.
But GOOD fleece is expensive. As soon as you add Bovine or Equine leather the weight goes up and the warmth goes down.

Aesthetics aside - For travelling I want something that packs down to almost nothing. On a bike - NOTHING would get me in a plastic jacket that melts under friction.

That sucker costs as much as my Langlitz custom fitted hand made leather motor jacket!!!
Better be a goodun!? :eek: :roll:
Well I’m m blessed(addicted to coats) to have one of each. They are different and I love them both for their own unique purposes. I’ll have the Langlitz on today.;)

Back