Finding Nice Bling

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
I have another R3T to set up. My 2008 has all the changes that I will want. I’ve added the things that make a vacation bike for my wife and I. Setting up a second Rocket should be cheaper and easier. Well, at least I know not to make the same mistakes I did on the first one. I spent triple what I should have on L.E.D.s. Live and learn. My choice for the fairing with the electronics make good sense To my needs. New tires with chrome rims are definitely my direction. Many things will be easier and less costly the second time Around.
Some problems. I like the way Triumph made the saddle bag guarding. Same with the front fender bling. I just can’t find the parts. None for sale, or when I do find the parts, they are damaged an/or cost more than I am willing to spend. I have a welding shop.. Small, but quite capable of fabrication of everything I want, or need. Using a good grade of Stainless steel, polished is a nice addition to the chrome. Specifically I’m thinking of a wrap around for the hard bags made from 1/4” 316 stainless. 3 PCs. that are stacked close maybe 3/4” gap between horizontal PCs. Copy the attachments that Triumph did. Any thoughts? Looking for good constructive ideas!

Ah clearer now. sent HUGE PM already to your enquiry but you really wanted the Pannier rails.
A few here have converted cheap new aftermarket from China or used factory Harley ones on eBay for under $100.

THE TRICKIEST BIT WAS ATTACHING TO THE STOCK RAKED REAR crash bars.

A year or two ago I posted one of my US eBay sellers who had multiple sets of just the R and L attachment clamps.
They have since sold out I think.

1614411135930.png
1614413239234.png
1614413254844.png
1614424315385.png

1614413287999.png

You need 1 each of A9750343 (#6), A9750344 (#7), A9750341 (#4) and A9750342 (#5) to use HD or aftermarket rails and get a great neat job.

1614410215672.png

A9750343 - CLAMP GUARD RAIL P​

• Reference​

• Part Number​

A9750343

A9750344 - CLAMP GUARD RAIL P​

• Reference​

• Part Number​

A9750344

• Reference​

• Part Number​

A9750341

A9750342 - CLAMP GUARD RAIL P​

• Reference​

• Part Number​

A9750342

Last edited:
I have another R3T to set up. My 2008 has all the changes that I will want. I’ve added the things that make a vacation bike for my wife and I. Setting up a second Rocket should be cheaper and easier. Well, at least I know not to make the same mistakes I did on the first one. I spent triple what I should have on L.E.D.s. Live and learn. My choice for the fairing with the electronics make good sense To my needs. New tires with chrome rims are definitely my direction. Many things will be easier and less costly the second time Around.
Some problems. I like the way Triumph made the saddle bag guarding. Same with the front fender bling. I just can’t find the parts. None for sale, or when I do find the parts, they are damaged an/or cost more than I am willing to spend. I have a welding shop.. Small, but quite capable of fabrication of everything I want, or need. Using a good grade of Stainless steel, polished is a nice addition to the chrome. Specifically I’m thinking of a wrap around for the hard bags made from 1/4” 316 stainless. 3 PCs. that are stacked close maybe 3/4” gap between horizontal PCs. Copy the attachments that Triumph did. Any thoughts? Looking for good constructive ideas!
Hey Chip,
Have a 2013 and want the same things you do and also can't find them. If you decide to make them, make two and I'll help cover your cost for your cost. Perhaps other Tourers are interested.

Hey Chip,
Have a 2013 and want the same things you do and also can't find them. If you decide to make them, make two and I'll help cover your cost for your cost. Perhaps other Tourers are interested.
Just noticed Ishrub's reply. He seems to be much better dialed into the detail, and the suggestion looks most cost effective. I will try that as well.

Just noticed Ishrub's reply. He seems to be much better dialed into the detail, and the suggestion looks most cost effective. I will try that as well.
I agree. Ishrub has done the detail and has given us the info. It wouldn’t make sense to go my own way. Thank you Ishrub.

Back