Timmy

.020 Over
Ride
09 R3R
G'day guys,

My name's Tim, 27, in Western suburbs of Victoria AU. Been riding 8 years, Triumphs for 6. Bonnies, Speed Triples and Tigers, oh my. Still own that Bonneville T100 that's now pushing 92,000km.

I've just bought a 2009 R3R with 91,000km in a really good deal, with some tasteful mods incl. Daymaker headlights, OzClaw filter covering a Ram Air intake and a really short slip-on on the standard headers. PO says it pulled 158hp on dyno but I'm more interested in torque with this bike.

Previous owner ran CT up the back and the front tyre was bald on one side. Didn't really get a good test ride on it because the area the seller lived in was super hilly and the clutch friction zone sat real low, but I'm looking forward to adjusting it to my needs and getting to grips with it.

Thanks to all your expertise I have chosen to have an Exedra rear and Cobra chrome front (standard size, haven't ridden it enough to appreciate a smaller tyre up front yet) delivered and will take it to get shoes swapped and the bike roadworthied as soon as that happens.

Having plugged it in to TuneECU all cylinders are firing with even pressure and I think the map is an OEM remap, but I'm yet to download it to compare to the original.

Just from browsing the forum I've noticed you guys are a pretty tight knit community with a few Aussies to boot. Looking forward to getting on a big bike again and getting to know you all and contributing what knowledge I can.

Safe speeding to you all,
Timmy

My new baby. Once I have her on the road there will be plenty of better pictures to come :thumbsup:

116nghdpj7gegtufgesfrsosl.jpg
8pmdp6lglon59wyf3yskxlf2s.jpg
875aplfis8i6x4p7yssp4gjgq.jpg
3m2z7145i2a3xhoasq6ksz4b.jpg

Welcome!!! ...and great looking new baby you got there. :D Fast color too... ;):rolleyes::ninja:
-MIG

Back