I am devoted to riding though (you too can be in that category, and maybe the first too, what do I know) and at 72K miles on my bike, I think being an older non-cashed up guy is close to the norm; I have only two weeks ago added the simplest RAMAIR mod, my full Viking exhaust is being built now.

After my first year of riding I sold my car to buy another bike and haven't owned a cage since :roll: A gigolo working on a tight budget probably isn't doing his job very well :whitstling:

I'll be interested to see how the exhaust turns out! Some beautiful full exhaust systems out there for these bikes, the designs come out looking really cool for the sake of making the headers equal length.

love the pics of the bike

Thanks RobWhi! Hoping to have many more to come very soon :D

Hello Tim, Welcome to the site from Northern Ontario. Appreciate your positive attitude. Looks like you've done quite a bit of research on the Roadster already. You'll do well with this bunch of apes.... You'll do better riding the tires off that beast. Congrats on a fine purchase.

I noticed there are two sets of rear pegs on your ride. Did the previous owner perform any drag racing? Curious as to why the middle set of rear pegs are placed there?

Have fun and ride safe.

Hello Tim, Welcome to the site from Northern Ontario. Appreciate your positive attitude. Looks like you've done quite a bit of research on the Roadster already. You'll do well with this bunch of apes.... You'll do better riding the tires off that beast. Congrats on a fine purchase.

I noticed there are two sets of rear pegs on your ride. Did the previous owner perform any drag racing? Curious as to why the middle set of rear pegs are placed there?

Have fun and ride safe.

G'day Gregger!

Thanks for the kind words bud! I'm very much looking forward to getting to know the bike and how it rides. It's proven a bit expensive so far (got a nearly $1000aud account to settle at the shop now having got it roadworthied :eek:) but I'm
hoping once it's on the road it'll be a rock solid mile-munching monster.

I asked the seller about the pegs and he said they were for his missus when touring - with big saddlebags on, the rear pillion pegs didn't have enough room and she liked to put her feet forward. They don't have controls on them but now you've pointed out their dragracing potential, I might just go with that if people ask :D

Safe riding and best wishes to you mate!

Back