Bienvenido al foro desde España

Muchos gracias Taurobiker! :D

Hi Timmy and welcome From Across The ditch Christchurch New Zealand

Thank you phar2slow! My Bonneville gets a lot of attention from Kiwi expats, I reckon you guys have a great affinity for Triumph motorcycles and it's great to see!

Hi Tim

make sure you post pics of the Viking exhaust when you get it

cheers
Rob

Hey Rob! That post was just me quoting Boog, I wish I had the money to be chasing aftermarket exhaust systems but I'm going broke just trying to get the bike on the road right now :roll: Roadworthy's done! Picking the bike up tomorrow and going to try my luck taking it straight to VicRoads but if it doesn't pan out I'm gonna be waiting for an inspection and rego appointment on 1/4, at which point I'll hopefully get to ride the bloody thing!! :D:D

Hello Timmy. Welcome from Rotterdam, Holland.

Thanks Tall Rider, cheers buddy!! :thumbsup:

That would suck not being able to ride it

It really does, but it's back home and in the garage now so I can at least tinker with it and start it up every now and again. Seems I have a problem with an ABS sensor, as the light's staying on while riding and the ABS is definitely not working. I'll probably make a thread over the next couple of days and seek expertise because this is all new to me right now and I don't have much else to do in lockdown

Welcome from down the road in Adelaide. I have had both a 140 and 150 size front tyres. I have Avon Cobra Chromes (a 150 front). These are the best tyres I have used on the Rocket. Great grip and easily the best handling of any tyres I have tried.

Welcome from down the road in Adelaide. I have had both a 140 and 150 size front tyres. I have Avon Cobra Chromes (a 150 front). These are the best tyres I have used on the Rocket. Great grip and easily the best handling of any tyres I have tried.

Thanks Boony, that's great to hear mate. I figured if they use the Cobra Chromes on the new R3 it's good enough for me. I heard about a recall that was put out for the Chrome rears when they first came out due to blowouts - I know it's probably sorted now but that was enough to scare me away from those ones, and I heard good things about the Exedras. Looking forward to getting some km under my belt and getting through a few sets of tyres to be able to compare. Hope to ride with you some day mate, take care :thumbsup:

Budget be damed once the mod bug bites you. :sneaky:
Even a stock R3 has an advantage coming out of the hole against a sport bike. On a Carpenter R3 even a fat old man like me hurts the feelings of the sport bikes on a roll on in a straight line.

yea, you hurt the feelings of other rockets that haven't visted Carpenter yet as well

Back