New YSS Shocks - Sharing Deal Information $375

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
My back started getting the message at just over 30,000 miles from my '11 Roadster. It's time to get new shocks! I put together a list of options: Hagon, Progressive, Icon, Wilber (ouch!), and YSS. I searched for deals and found some Progressive 444s on Amazon that were open box for about half price. Score! When they arrived, I checked inside, but they were not 444s, despite the label on the box, so back to Amazon they went. Shocks seem way over priced, in my opinion, so I kept looking for a bargain.

Getting to the point:
WRS is an Italian motorcycle store I found online that gets positive reviews. Perhaps our Italian brothers can verify. On their website I found the recommended YSS shocks for the Rocket III (highly recommended by @warp9.9, btw)....

SHOCK ABSORBERS COUPLE YSS TRIUMPH ROCKET III 04-15 RZ362-320TRL-50

Manual preload, Adjustable rebound, Adjustable length, Approval A.B.E.
This model matches the one on YSS's application chart for the Rocket.

In U.S. currency the price is listed as $415.93 marked down 22% to $324.42 (ex-VAT) + $57.46 FedEx Shipping. There is a "Make Offer" button that I used. My low-ball offer was refused (hah!), but I was given a coupon code for $7.63 off. In the end, I was charged $374.25 for the shocks and now have a tracking number showing they will arrive Thursday.

The big question is, how much is the VAT going to be? It seems to depend on many factors. Using a calculator on the FedEx site it showed NO VAT, zero, but I expect that I probably didn't enter something correctly and I will be hit with some fee. Karma.

The best price for these shocks in the U.S. I could find was right around $500, still less than other brands, and I figure that whatever the VAT might be, it is highly unlikely it will get close to $125, if anything.

Anyway, we'll see. I thought I'd share this with the group now, as any potential bill for the VAT may not come for weeks or months. I'll update, if or when that happens.

If you're like me, needing new/better shocks but having a hard time spending a large percentage of what the whole d**n bike costs just on rear suspension, you might want to check this out. Here it is, no guarantees, good luck- I have no connection, whatsoever, with this company.

7890746 SHOCK ABSORBERS COUPLE YSS TRIUMPH ROCKET III 04-15 RZ362-320TRL-50

Update on the YSS shocks from Italy. They arrived within 10 days. I installed them last night and just took them for a test ride on the back roads going to work- straight out of the box, no adjustments. What a difference! I know that I can further improve the handling once I delve into the settings, but going with the pre-set adjustments I can say that my ass feels more firmly planted on the ground. They are stiff (at this setting), but not bouncy or wallowy like my stock shocks. The only problem I noticed is that my forks are now telling me they need some love too.

Unless you can afford Wilburs, I don't know why you'd want to spend nearly twice this amount ($375) for Hagons or Progressives. Btw, these shocks are rebuildable and have adjustments for Rebound Damping, Compression Damping, Length Adjustment, and Spring Adjustment.

Now that I've got them on the bike I need to do some research on how to best adjust for my individual setup.

Thanks to @warp9.9 for your help and advice. I probably wouldn't have gone with these if I hadn't seen your endorsement of the YSS brand in other posts.

model26.jpg model24.jpg model25.jpg

Their website appears to be down for maintenance, but if the price seems too low that probably IS correct. Click on the make offer button and offer less. They declined my offer, but gave me a coupon code that took about $7.00 off. All I can say is that based on my experience this place is legit. Also, look up their reviews. Good luck and let us know how it goes.....

I have the same on mine. I had the front springs replaced at the same time. The difference is night and day. The suspension is firmer than standard. In combination with the 140 front tyre the bike steers faster than standard but has better stability at high speed. It is much quicker though the twisties.
I don't know how they compare to Wilbers etc but they improve the bike enormously. Well worth the money.

Their website appears to be down for maintenance, but if the price seems too low that probably IS correct. Click on the make offer button and offer less. They declined my offer, but gave me a coupon code that took about $7.00 off. All I can say is that based on my experience this place is legit. Also, look up their reviews. Good luck and let us know how it goes.....

£168 for a pair of Hagons? that's about $215 dollars!

Back