Hi guys!

Hey, I appreciate the feedback. Read through everything, and couple of bullets that might lead to what's going on:

• See the first pic.....it does have the Classic badges....I guess you can buy them and slap 'em on, but it seems right
  • See second pick............sure enough, y'all who mentioned the initials, wow, sure enough! Here's a pic. I love that gold stripe....it's a nod to the old classics. Does the two tone indicate a Classic, or was that an option all around in 2007?
  • The seat is supposed to be a "gel pack" seat, or something like that. Forget the actual term.
  • I got it through Triumph of Windber, PA. I did all the discussions with Tim, the owner, so I guess he could have missed some of these things, but he told me he sold the bike to the original owner, who then wanted to get rid of it because of lack of use (it has only 4k miles) and thus helped him sell it, eventually to me. I felt pretty confident in the providence of the bike and of the accuracy.
  • If this is truly off, I'd like to know, because I can go back to him and discuss.
Given all this, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• P1110455.jpg
    P1110455.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 65
  • P1110456.jpg
    P1110456.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 83
BTW, some responses to some of the other comments:

Jackson: You're right man, I can cook a steak on those grips! I have only thin gloves, so I enjoyed them in 40 degree weather at highway speeds. It was fine then.

HD2Rocket3: Thanks for the emails, look forward to our first ride!

OzzmanR3: See pick in previous post....initials were right where you said they'd be. Very cool!! See the gold striping on my '63....you can see why I really appreciated that bit of nostalgia on the new bike. Hope you can see it on the pic.

warp9.9: See previous post. Not sure.

xhdskip: Glad you said it, I think the horn is pathetic! Sounds like a moped and not the most powerful production bike. Will follow your advice. I even put Bosch horns on my classics (the old bikes) for safety. I'm not ashamed to say I have 4 screws in my foot from someone pulling out right in front of me. Horn wouldn't have done anything (heck, barely had time to hit the brakes before I went flying), but I do now honk proactively at anyone who looks like they aren't paying attention, and even at some that do!

saboteur: Hey, who knows, see previous post. Thanks for the welcome though! Psyched to be here.

HellFire: Hey, at the end of the day I got a Rocket, which is what I wanted, with all the stuff I wanted (windshield, bags, two tone, heated grips, sissy bar for the wife, etc.). I hate to think I was taken advanage of...hope not.

dracul: Man, would love to come out there! I'm with you, no fear with that stuff. I did a Himalayan run for 7 days and rode on ice, snow, roads that weren't really roads, etc. I made it up to 18,380 feet! Love the mountains.

CanberraR3: Thanks for the note ;-) Hey, was in Sydney 1.5 years ago for business. I know that's not Canberra, but next time I go, I'll drop you a line if I have time for riding. I assume I can rent something.

Attachments

• P1090085.JPG
    P1090085.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 53
BTW, some responses to some of the other comments:

CanberraR3: Thanks for the note ;-) Hey, was in Sydney 1.5 years ago for business. I know that's not Canberra, but next time I go, I'll drop you a line if I have time for riding. I assume I can rent something.

Do that; some great rides round here. There are certainly Harleys for rent - not sure about Triumphs but if all else fails, the Triumph dealer is bound to have something you could "test ride". ;)

There's not a big price difference between used Standards and Classics anyway, if it's got what you want that's all that matters. If you look in the photo Album owners gallery for pictures of Classics that are all stock, you can see some trim parts that must have been replaced with standard trim. It's all personality stuff anyway, like I said about mine ... it looks more like a Classic now than a standard. I should have gotten the classic to start with, but I'm stupid like that. lol

Great pic, I see the initials clearly. I don't think the "standards" were offered in two tone. I am fairly sure that factory two tone was for "Classics" only but some one here will correct if I am wrong and usually in under a minute:). Ride that mule:D. The horn mentioned is the best cheap upgrade that I did and one of the first that I did and there are plenty of tutorials here along with pics and advice. Since I just added them, HANDLE BAR RISERS. They put you in a much more comfortable riding position. I am a floor board guy so if you like the pegs, ride on, my Classic was stock with boards as most were me thinks. Classic's are no longer offered so take care of yours.

Hey, thanks guys!

Bottom line, I feel like a little kid on this thing, and it is the right bike for me!! And that 2 tone with gold stripe is just amazingly tasteful.

Hope to ride with you guys one day!

FYI, I'll contribute more than enthusiasm eventually, but rode around a bit today and it's 37F.

Heated grips and a windshield really help ;-)

hi from the u.k . had mine three months and still laugh aloud too. been riding harleys for 30 yrs, you made the right choice, a rocket does everything a harley can and then some.saw a b/w film about the old triumph plant. a bloke with a brush stood at the end of a conveyer belt and lined every tank and mudguard (fender to you) that came out of the factory for thirty odd years. think he's long gone now.

It is a very nice touch that he Classics have the hand painted gold stripe. I am not sure if Triumph made the correct decision in dropping it in favor of the R3T but time will tell, and no offense intended toward the R3T owners here especially those in Tennessee :eek:.

When its time to paint the tins on mine I will try to preserve the initials if possible. Get the air horn and Rivco risers. An Airhawk for the seat is a good investment too.

Hello and Welcome from Connecticut !
I was in the same boat as you last year Drooling over the Rocket 3, I knew what I wanted and finally found it, I bought Molinoman 2007 classic and I love !!The ride, the power, and so far I have not come across any other one in my area.
It is really nice when people come over and oggle at the bike !
Have fun , and the smile doesn't go away ! :roll:

Jeff

Back