Thanks for the tip! I almost can't imagine more power, but once I get used to it, I'm sure I'll be wanting more.

Ok, they must be Triumph heated grips....the switch is exactly as you describe. I had to pick it up at night and ride it through DC @ 40 degrees F........was awesome having those grips!

Re: dragging the foot pegs, good point. I didn't think that it could lean so much, but wiht my limited riding, I'm amazed how flippable the bike is. Didn't scrape the pegs yet, but see the point for sure.

It's raining today............hope it dries soon so I can get back out!!!!

Welcome from Chicago. I have the heated grips from Triumph and on low they were too hot. Guess I need to ride in colder weather.

Howdy neighbor. I have the 06 two tone Classic. If you ever get the notion to take the seat off, look under the right rear corner of the fuel tank to find the initials of the person that hand painted the gold stripes on your bike, possibly the date as well. Nice touch for a great bike, just some trivia for you until the rain stops.

I just noticed, a Classic with pegs? wonder what else the prior owner did to her.
and matte black cam cover back then I believe all Classics had chrome cam covers. and the seat is not a standard Classic along with the riders back rest. Hmmm do we have a standard disguised as a Classic or just some changes made by the original owner?
Either way enjoy and welcome.

I vote standard with newish tins.
That's my guess anyway.
First mod and a cheap one too, that I would recommend is a stebel horn.
Get rid of that weeney horn and get a real one.
It's a safety thing so it should come first.
Next flip has some goodies to get rid of them plastic clips on your handlebars,
good quality, reasonably priced and just another project you can do while you wait on the rain to stop.
Oh yea, congratulations and welcome aboard.

Methinks it looks kinda STD too... but if you want a pair of Classic bars and cables, let me know, lol.:D

Nice looker, and welcome aboard!

Yes I think you're right about the chrome valve covers on 2007's ... and didn't they have those "Bullet" exhaust tips as well?
Maybe the previous owner had a thing for sportier looks and removed (more than) a few things? Or found a good deal on Classic tins? Well, if did start out as a Classic, Wish I'd been there, could have swapped parts with the guy and saved a fortune. Mine now looks like a Black Classic. LOL :p

Fish I hope you don't think we're picking your bike apart, just hope you got what you paid for. ;)

Very pretty paint job! Nice ride dude! But you're in VA not Alaska...get that baby out and ride! We ride in Colorado every day it aint snowing...and I've ridden in a little of that too (my brother and I got caught in an arctic blast while we were riding up in Breckenridge...very hectic getting back to Denver off those mountains)! Temperature is no consideration; the Rocket is just too cool to ignore!:cool:

[Fish I hope you don't think we're picking your bike apart, just hope you got what you paid for. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hear hear to that. Either way, you have a great bike and, if you listen to these guys, the purchase price will pale into insignificance over time.

And don't let the weather drive you inside too much.

Back