New Rivco products - April

Center Stand Fit

I also use the Aux outlet so the ignition is out. The chrome cover does look great but with the exhaust and Beetle Bags you can hardly see under there to enjoy the added shine.

As for the center stand....... I'm quite interested. Like Flip, and being a tad bit Scottish, it's hard to let go of that much moola. Just for S&G's I contacted Rivco today to be sure of a clearance issue. I have the Rivco Rider Footboards with the Rivco Adapter plates to move them forward of the Beetle Bags.

My question to them was with the floorboards up or down, would there be a clearance issue when the center stand is in the up position. They said there's more than enough space for the stand to fit without bumping into anything.

Just thought I'd let you folks know....in case you were wondering!

Here is food for thought or conjecture. If we ordered a quantity as a group for say, centerstands, I wonder if Rivco would allow us (as a group) a group discount??

I'll certainly take one, yesterday. Any more takers besides Pianoman and myself? I'll even order and pay for 'em. What's a couple of thou' anyway. Just chump change.....:D Heck, I've blown way more on fast farm tractors.......

High profile guys like us would be good word-of-mouth advertising for Rivco. Good for them, good for us.

Might drum up business over here, Flip, through my Rocket Club. I have aleready imported and retailed 10 sets of exhaust flanges for my members. All claimed and paid in a matter of weeks. Credit... er... group discount on these Rivco novelties , if any :p , would go to THIS forum, though.

And, BTW, I tend to agree with your line of bling defense;) Jamie

Might drum up business over here, Flip, through my Rocket Club. I have aleready imported and retailed 10 sets of exhaust flanges for my members. All claimed and paid in a matter of weeks. Credit... er... group discount on these Rivco novelties , if any :p , would go to THIS forum, though.

And, BTW, I tend to agree with your line of bling defense;) Jamie

I don't have a problem where the money goes Jamie. I have a problem where it comes from........:D

Hey flip I figured you to have made several already in your shop!I'll stick to my Harbor freight motorcycle lift:D.For you heavy weights you may be able to lift the 800+ lbs but my skinny butt can't and I'm proud of it too.

I looked hard at the Rusty Rocker. I even slid the centerstand from my T100 under the R3. Believe it or not, it lines right up. I believe the lower lugs on both bikes align to the conveyor that transports the bikes as they are assembled. Would I bolt up the T100 stand, maybe. Would I trust it, unlikely. The T weighs maybe 450 wet. The R3 is 700. I don't think the T100 stand can take the strain. Physically, it's not that beefy. By the way, that stand was over 200 bucks and it ain't even chromed.

The problem is liability plain and simple. If I made a centerstand or 2 or 3 or whatever and peddled them on say Flea Bay or took out a shingle and sold them here and one of our fine posters or an E-Bay'r bought one and it failed, well, I worked hard for what I have and I certainly don't want to piss it away in attorney fees.

That bike would, in a New York minute, flatten your head or smash your foot or break your leg if the stand malfunctioned. It's heavy.....read, lead sled.

My whole reason for wanting a centerstand other than routine maintenance and washing the bottom of the engine, yes, I scrub brush the bottom of the engine too, is, many times I park using the centerstand instead of the sidestand and I miss the option of having a centerstand. If the centerstand is designed properly, you should be able to rock the bike up on it without much trouble. I'm no Arnold either.

Last edited:
Back