:laugh::laugh: i know i look like a rocket hater but i am not..its just seems a massive disappointment after the long wait for the latest creation and imho it does,nt fall in line with its price:confused:

Rode one of those Diavels - was not real impressed. Uncomfortable as heck for me and short distance traveler at best.
KISS is the concept I like best and the Roadster is that in spades.
I can make mine into a cross-country ride or a day pavement ripper in minutes.
If there was a better performance big bike for old men, I'd be on it!

Unfortunately, I simply do not have a comfort zone at this point. I will cancel my order tomorrow. I greatly appreciate all of the feed back but I simply cannot transition to a completely new make and model with 90% of the feedback being negative. I honestly do appreciate this forum and value the input from this community that specifies in Rockets. If most of you say the TFC is not worth it, I cannot see a path forward, as I haven't even sat on one. I am not one to let others make up my mind but this was going to be a big purchase for my normally excessive frugal life style and I guess I got sucked into the initial pictures and statistics. If I had at least driven an older model Rocket I would have a better impression of "Worth" to me, but I have no personal baseline. The overwhelmingly negative collective opinion here caught me off guard but better than finding out later and being epically disappointed.

Thank you all!

This new Rocket does a lot of haters on here.

The problem with a 17 240 rear is the only way again to get the axle lower it a 240/45/27 & a 140/75/17 anything else and the front is higher. I think 18 inch rear and 17 front would be better. Other then that I only want to beable to do diagnostics

Ok so if ya didn't clue in from my post no ido not like a 16 inch rear avon chrome gold it doesn't. Now if ya want to know why just go back and read my post. Or I could just copy them again. Its all about axle center line and either having both on center or the front slightly below center.
Dang Scott that sounds a little caustic.?? Did I in some way piss you off?

You got over 200 RWHP on yours?
VERY KEWL!
Yes I do and I like it a lot but to quote the majority on here "it is not worth the money". I'll confirm that when I decide to trade or sell.;);):D

All the money spent on modifications are completely gone as far as recovery of those funds is concerned. Worth is a completely subjective evaluation. I think it is a shame a new member here has decided not to buy based on critical views on a bike that has not been ridden or seen by anyone on this site.

Yes I do and I like it a lot but to quote the majority on here "it is not worth the money". I'll confirm that when I decide to trade or sell.;);):D

All the money spent on modifications are completely gone as far as recovery of those funds is concerned. Worth is a completely subjective evaluation. I think it is a shame a new member here has decided not to buy based on critical views on a bike that has not been ridden or seen by anyone on this site.

That there sounds like a load of subjective hooey.
Mods are done for the owner/rider's personal preference, not to enhance the sale value.
I want YurMama to have 200+ RWPH for my personal riding pleasure.
I do not give a turd about what that does to it's value!

That there sounds like a load of subjective hooey.
Mods are done for the owner/rider's personal preference, not to enhance the sale value.
I want YurMama to have 200+ RWPH for my personal riding pleasure.
I do not give a turd about what that does to it's value!
Exactly! I'm not sure how to word this so it conveys my meaning but the whole idea of a bike being worth a specific amount changes individually. I can see a person criticizing me for buying a bike for 10K and sinking 10K more in mods only to have it sale for 8K after use. It is worth it to me just like this new bike is worth the 29K they are asking for it.

Once I buy I forget the money and enjoy the object or experience, the money is gone. I am not one to sell and trade very often. I buy and keep for years.

Scott,
If I had an 18" rear wheel, I'd want a larger rear tire than that chrome you mention.
It positions the rear axle close to a half inch lower to the ground that the 240/55R16.
We NEED ground clearance and that would be counter productive.
You confuse me on ground clearance. raise the rear axle center line .415" yet lower the front axle centerline .590" . All you did was move the ground clearance . Kind of like a flip flop of the ground clearance. Not sure thats a gain ?

Exactly! I'm not sure how to word this so it conveys my meaning but the whole idea of a bike being worth a specific amount changes individually. I can see a person criticizing me for buying a bike for 10K and sinking 10K more in mods only to have it sale for 8K after use. It is worth it to me just like this new bike is worth the 29K they are asking for it.

Once I buy I forget the money and enjoy the object or experience, the money is gone. I am not one to sell and trade very often. I buy and keep for years.

Like you I buy and hold, which influences my decision.

Back