Ok I hear the opinions and some based in solid logic but I will break ranks and say I like the bike enough to pay the money, so I'm going to.;) Ok it is not the end of all perfection but I think it is way ahead of the older Rockets in technology and style, of course the later being subjective. And i'm keeping my 200+ hp 2014 so I'm good on all fronts.

Last edited:
The new one will be a great stablemate.

If it's worst case and the ECU is fully locked, upgradeitis will be minimized and warranties will survive.

If 300mm shorter wheelbase is accurate, it's going to handle very nicely!

Unfortunately, I simply do not have a comfort zone at this point. I will cancel my order tomorrow. I greatly appreciate all of the feed back but I simply cannot transition to a completely new make and model with 90% of the feedback being negative. I honestly do appreciate this forum and value the input from this community that specifies in Rockets. If most of you say the TFC is not worth it, I cannot see a path forward, as I haven't even sat on one. I am not one to let others make up my mind but this was going to be a big purchase for my normally excessive frugal life style and I guess I got sucked into the initial pictures and statistics. If I had at least driven an older model Rocket I would have a better impression of "Worth" to me, but I have no personal baseline. The overwhelmingly negative collective opinion here caught me off guard but better than finding out later and being epically disappointed.

Thank you all!

The problem with a 17 240 rear is the only way again to get the axle lower it a 240/45/27 & a 140/75/17 anything else and the front is higher. I think 18 inch rear and 17 front would be better. Other then that I only want to beable to do diagnostics
Looks like it comes with Avon Cobra Chromes on it. I like that don't you?.
Ok so if ya didn't clue in from my post no ido not like a 16 inch rear avon chrome gold it doesn't. Now if ya want to know why just go back and read my post. Or I could just copy them again. Its all about axle center line and either having both on center or the front slightly below center.

I like the looks of the bike, but not so much I will rush out and grab one up. If looking for grin inducing performance at that price pint I would have to go ride a Kawa H2 and see if my broken old body could tolerate it for more than 20 minutes or so. At the price point Triumph has placed the TFC there are a few proven bikes that I would also consider. Whatever the stalemate would be the R3T would still be firmly at the top. It is comfortable, fast enough and my wife will ride it with me.

bob

16 inch sucks limited choices. No excuse avon cobra chrome comes in 240/40/18.

Also with their set up at no time will the front axle be at the same height as the rear or lower, unless you change to a exedra max and either go with a 140/75 or a 150/70 .

Scott,
If I had an 18" rear wheel, I'd want a larger rear tire than that chrome you mention.
It positions the rear axle close to a half inch lower to the ground that the 240/55R16.
We NEED ground clearance and that would be counter productive.

Ok I hear the opinions and some based in solid logic but I will break ranks and say I like the bike enough to pay the money, so I'm going to.;) Ok it is not the end of all perfection but I think it is way ahead of the older Rockets in technology and style, of course the later being subjective. And i'm keeping my 200+ hp 2014 so I'm good on all fronts.

You got over 200 RWHP on yours?
VERY KEWL!

On paper the Ducati Diavel is a much better bike and much more exciting to ride than the current Rockets imho...also when the fk are Triumph going to realize we don't want 16" rear wheels as we cant buy decent performance tires :mad:... even iff i had the money i would not even consider the latest Rocket as its just a marketing idea not really a true riders bike and that goes for pretty much all of Triumphs range currently:(

On paper the Ducati Diavel is a much better bike and much more exciting to ride than the current Rockets imho...also when the fk are Triumph going to realize we don't want 16" rear wheels as we cant buy decent performance tires :mad:... even iff i had the money i would not even consider the latest Rocket as its just a marketing idea not really a true riders bike and that goes for pretty much all of Triumphs range currently:(

:thumbsdown:

Back