Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
After finally pulling my brain casing out of the area which light shines not, I've gone and read on it.

While the spec sheet reads pretty well, it seems like a nice bike, and it looks good to me, my desire for it is completely deflated.

I wish it weren't the case, but nothing compels me to get one anymore and I'm glad I yanked my deposit last fall.

Any other captains kind of "ho-hum" about it?

Haha yeah, two matching serials would be really cool!

I like it but I'm finding it hard to lust after for a few reasons, mainly:
Screenshot_20190609-201858_Chrome.jpg

The bore stroke adjustment will let them rev to 6300 and maintain piston speeds the same as our bikes at 5700.

Shorter stroke with similar torque peak claimed suggests a broader flatter torque curve, a very Triumph thing to do and make it more linear feeling.

After finally pulling my brain casing out of the area which light shines not, I've gone and read on it.

While the spec sheet reads pretty well, it seems like a nice bike, and it looks good to me, my desire for it is completely deflated.

I wish it weren't the case, but nothing compels me to get one anymore and I'm glad I yanked my deposit last fall.

Any other captains kind of "ho-hum" about it?

I'm with you in "ho-hum" First glance I though this would be great but... my issues with it are firstly the 300mm shorter wheelbase I haven't seen one but think it will be overall much smaller I fit my R3 perfectly now. Secondly I like to be able to tie lots of stuff on for touring and cant see it on the new ones, Thirdly unless the ECU can be accessed its going to cost a fortune at the dealers (if they even want to know) in a few yeas when various electronics start packing up.

And lastly what makes the old R3's so good is that they never should have been built:D. Basically a big engine jammed into a bike with no real electronics rider aids. It could have been designed in the 70's...(almost Hemi Cuda style)

Clavier what’s your beef with the wheel?

Sleeves have you seen the wheel base specs?

Back